PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Thunder advancing/attack order

Menoth Kid
07-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Lord Commander Stryker's feat Rolling Thunder states:

After all friendly models have completed their activations this turn, friendly Faction models/units currently in Strykerʼs control area can advance up to 3˝ and then can make one normal melee attack. When resolving these attacks, affected models can spend focus points to boost attack and damage rolls at 1 focus point per boost.

Does this mean:

1) Affected models move and make an attack individually (one by one).

2) All affected models move before any attacking occurs.

3) Units behave as per 2), while all other models behave independently.

Thanks in advance.

The Anders
07-04-2010, 11:37 PM
I usede to belive it was one but the "model/unit" part tells you it is 3. Rember that only one model have to be witin crtl fore the whole unit to benefit ;)

Lanz
07-05-2010, 12:00 AM
1) Yes. If this question was raised because of wondering which rules you can use during this attack, refer to the specific ability. While you get to attack, this is not part of your combat action, so most conventional rules aren't applied.

2) Yes. Move, then attack. You can, of course, just move 0" and then attack, but you cannot attack and then move afterwards.

3) not too sure what you are asking. If you are asking if the unit's still move and attack as a unit, then no, they don't. It is not normal movement or attacking. every affected model would move and attack individually. Though I can't say I'm 100% sure about this, as the rules don't seem to cover exactly when a unit functions as a unit, and does not. I don't think it makes too big a difference, as just about every rule that the unit could gain from moving/attacking with eachother can't be used outside of activation anyways.

FearLord
07-05-2010, 12:30 AM
1) Yes. If this question was raised because of wondering which rules you can use during this attack, refer to the specific ability. While you get to attack, this is not part of your combat action, so most conventional rules aren't applied.

2) Yes. Move, then attack. You can, of course, just move 0" and then attack, but you cannot attack and then move afterwards.

3) not too sure what you are asking. If you are asking if the unit's still move and attack as a unit, then no, they don't. It is not normal movement or attacking. every affected model would move and attack individually. Though I can't say I'm 100% sure about this, as the rules don't seem to cover exactly when a unit functions as a unit, and does not. I don't think it makes too big a difference, as just about every rule that the unit could gain from moving/attacking with eachother can't be used outside of activation anyways.

He's asking which 1 of these 3 is correct - It is 3) - Move individual models and attack each one, move every model in a unit and make all their attacks - i.e as if every model / unit got a second activation with the limit that:

-They can only advance up to 3"
-They are only allowed to perform a single melee attack as their action

vintersbastard
07-05-2010, 06:33 AM
And here's why. (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?22655-Stryker-Rolling-Thunder&p=336513&viewfull=1#post336513)

The Anders
07-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Which I believe was what I said.

Lanz
07-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Oh, so they still move and attack as a unit? Interesting. I guess Anastasia's Espionage does that too.

NmoLvr
07-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Rolling Thunder says 'model/unit.' That means units act like units, just like normal.

Espionage also says 'model/unit' so it works the same way.

In order for it to be any different, it would have to just say 'model.' Then, each model would react independantly.

Edit: Model/unit alse means that if any model of the unit gets the ability, they all get it. If one stormblade is in eStryker's control area when he feats and the rest of the unit is out, the whole unit gets the feat.