PDA

View Full Version : Exemplar errants sacrificing vs. trample

Aiurn
07-10-2010, 11:47 PM
I remember that back in mk1 it was possible to deny a trample by simply not killing the guys in the line of trample. Does it still work that way? if not, how do i unravel it?

sepher32
07-10-2010, 11:50 PM
The models dying or not does not effect the legality of the Trample if that is your question.

Trample attacks are simultaneous so you cannot save any models by killing others being trampled if that is your question.

Sorry I'm not 100% on what you're asking.

Lanz
07-10-2010, 11:53 PM
You can't stop a trample with self-sacrifice. For starters, Self Sacrifice is applied after the trample is resolved, so you don't actually get to remove anything until after all the damage has been done.

Beyond that, the trampling model can pass over small bases during a trample, whether they live or die doesn't matter. While being trampled, any models that are hit don't get to make free strikes, but the rest do. Even if you used self-sacrifice to keep the trampled models alive, they still won't get a free strike if they were hit in the first place.

Aiurn
07-10-2010, 11:54 PM
imagine this situation: there are 10 errants + ua. the opponents' jack tramples through my line of errants (lets say they stand in 2 rows of 5 models) his trample hits 4 of them as he goes. Now neverminding the freestrikes he should get from the other 2, lets say i kill the errants that arent involved in the trample attack, models that are completely outside of the trample range. This way i lose 4 other models, while the ones on the trample line are still alive. What happens now?

sepher32
07-11-2010, 12:01 AM
Not much the Trampling model ends where it ends and finishes its activation. Models contacted during the trample make no freestrikes either. Whether or not you kill the trampled models cannot cause the trample to fail.

FerrusManus
07-11-2010, 12:31 AM
Not much the Trampling model ends where it ends and finishes its activation.
Not necessary, he still didn't end his combat action and if there's models in his melee range he can buy attacks against them. That's kinda the main function of trample - to get to the caster or other high priority target hiding behind wall of infantry.

sepher32
07-11-2010, 12:45 AM
That's what I meant by finishes its activation, not that the activation immediately ends.

vintersbastard
07-11-2010, 05:17 AM
I remember that back in mk1 it was possible to deny a trample by simply not killing the guys in the line of trample. Does it still work that way? if not, how do i unravel it?

It never did work that way. You're probably confusing this with impact attacks.