PDA

View Full Version : models in a unit being knocked down question

Bastion5
07-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I just thought of this. For example, a unit of bastions has rhuperts tough song on them, then the bastions move up. In the opponents turn, he shoots one and kills one, i make my tough roll so he is knocked down. On the units next activation, the knocked down bastion forfiets his activation, can the remaining 4 charge, run, etc. ?

rydiafan
07-11-2010, 03:51 PM
A knocked down model doesn't forfeit activation, only movement or action.

If a unit receives the run/charge order all members must run or charge. That means your knocked down Bastion must choose to run or charge. If a knocked down model must charge, it does nothing and remains knocked down. If a knocked down model must run, it stands and makes a full advance. So,your knocked down Bastion may either do nothing and stay knocked down (by choosing to charge), or stand and advance up to his SPD in inches (by choosing to run). Your choice.

Crate123
07-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Not quite true.
You decide whether to forfeit movement / action BEFORE you give orders but if you give the charge order the guy who was knocked down at the beginning obviously cant do a charge so he will have to do a run (if you forfeited action) or do nothing (if you forfeited movement).

Blythy
07-11-2010, 04:44 PM
If you have to forfeit movement or action i didnt think you could run as Running requires
both Movement and Action to do.

As you must forfeit one i though you could not do this.

Example, E Haley Pops her feat ( Must forfeit Movement or Action ) i have been told that i cant
run it this turn.

rydiafan
07-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Not quite true.
You decide whether to forfeit movement / action BEFORE you give orders but if you give the charge order the guy who was knocked down at the beginning obviously cant do a charge so he will have to do a run (if you forfeited action) or do nothing (if you forfeited movement).

Quite right, my mistake. Still worse than choosing the full advance option.

If you have to forfeit movement or action i didnt think you could run as Running requires
both Movement and Action to do.

As you must forfeit one i though you could not do this.

Example, E Haley Pops her feat ( Must forfeit Movement or Action ) i have been told that i cant
run it this turn.

Normally this is true, but for units it follows this chain of logic.

1) A model which sacrifices its action to stand cannot run.
2) A trooper who receives a run order must run.
3) A model which cannot run, but must run makes a full advance.

Ergo, a knocked down trooper which receives a run order stands and makes a full advance. A trooper which sacrifices its action to something like Haley's feat would follow the same logic.

Kommissar Golovko
07-11-2010, 06:22 PM
A model does not need both movement and combat action to run. Under eHaley's feat, a model can run if it forfeits action.

rydiafan
07-11-2010, 06:29 PM
a model can run if it forfeits action.

No. Page 46 of Prime states that a model cannot run if it forfeits its action.

Kommissar Golovko
07-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Ah ok. My bad.