PDA

View Full Version : Darius' Crane

NmoLvr
07-12-2010, 04:54 AM
Does Darius' crane circumvent the rule on standing up the same turn as you're knocked down?

Knocked down friendly models within 2˝ of this model immediately stand up and can activate normally this turn. Additionally, you can choose one friendly model within 2˝ of this model and place that model anywhere within 1˝ of its current location.

A knocked down model can stand up at the start of its next activation unless it was knocked down during its controller’s turn; in that case it cannot stand up until its controller’s next turn even if it has not yet activated this turn.

Or is the crane just supposed to negate the requirement to forfeit movement or action to stand and nothing else? 'Activate normally' seems pretty clear but I want to make sure the other rule doesn't take first priority.

Iff
07-12-2010, 05:01 AM
Isn't this a case of conflicting rules, "must" vs. "can"? Darius states that models stand up, while the rule for knock down state that certain models can't stand up in that turn. Seems to me like "cannot stand up" trumps Darius' feat effect.

drugar101
07-12-2010, 05:16 AM
from hordes pdf, last sentence of knockdown rules paragraph should make this pretty clear:

Some special rules allow a model to stand up. In that case, the model may stand up even if it was knocked down during the current player’s turn

Mootaz
07-12-2010, 05:22 AM
drugar101 is correct.

NmoLvr
07-12-2010, 05:24 AM
from hordes pdf, last sentence of knockdown rules paragraph should make this pretty clear:

Ha! That same sentence is in the Warmachine rules about 2" from where I stopped reading. Oops.

Thanks for the help. :)

Some special rules allow a model to stand up. In that case, the model may stand up even if it was knocked down during the current player's turn

NmoLvr
07-12-2010, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the confirmation Mootaz.