PDA

View Full Version : Mulg's Runebearer

Loxam
07-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Do enemy models lose their animus if they enter Mulg's cmd range? For example, a Gladiator puts rush on himself and charges, does he lose Rush when he enters the bubble around Mulg?

I am unsure if its a pulse or aura due to wording.

sepher32
07-13-2010, 01:43 AM
It's a pulse. And it's an aura.

Runebreaker. Enemy animi within this model's command range expire.pulse

Enemy models cannot cast spells and enemy warbeasts lose their animi while in this model's command range.aura

So any animi in the range when its cast immediately expire. And warbeasts in the area at any time do not have an animus and their warlock cannot cast it (because its not there). But if cast before they move into the aura (as per your example) it would have no effect.

this may be wrong
Also this is unrelated but if for some reason the Rush animus was dispelled in the middle of a charge (freestrike from epic Eiryss or the Thrullg for example) it would not effect the charge in any way. The distance the charging model moves is determined at the beginning of the charge. And once the charge begins its cost is irrelevant.

Loxam
07-13-2010, 01:46 AM
Perfect,

Thanks for the quick answer.

sepher32
07-13-2010, 02:14 AM
My pleasure.

Sevwall
07-14-2010, 07:29 AM
]
Also this is unrelated but if for some reason the Rush animus was dispelled in the middle of a charge (freestrike from epic Eiryss or the Thrullg for example) it would not effect the charge in any way. The distance the charging model moves is determined at the beginning of the charge. And once the charge begins its cost is irrelevant.

That can't be true. -SPD effects lower charge distances, or at least they did in MKI.
Okay, it could be true, obviously. I'm just suspicious.

And I never liked the wording on that animus.

blitzmonkey
07-14-2010, 07:33 AM
That can't be true. -SPD effects lower charge distances, or at least they did in MKI.
Okay, it could be true, obviously. I'm just suspicious.

And I never liked the wording on that animus.

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?28728-Change-to-SPD-during-Activation

Sevwall
07-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Sorry for doubting you!

petegrrrr
07-14-2010, 07:38 AM
Blitz found the link I was looking for.

You can lose or gain movement effects mid move that will increase or decrease your overall range. SPD effects do nothing after you start moving.

So for example, you cannot run mulg by an enemy, take the freestrike damage and get +2 spd on that move. If it was +2 Mov, then you actually could do it.

So if a titan Gladiator with rush charges Mulg from 8 inches out, once he gets in range of runebreaker he loses the last two inches of mov off his charge as rush expires and he comes up a half inch short.

EDIT* Sorry, the current iteration of Runebreaker is indeed a pulse and then an aura, so rush would only expire if it was within Mulg's command to begin with.

sepher32
07-14-2010, 10:44 PM
In your scenario the rush animus on himself would not expire, he would just lose the ability to cast it. The aura portion of Mulg's animus does not cause animi to expire.

And I am actually unsure about what would happen if Rush did expire(eEyriss freestrike etc.), From Maudlin

When you declare a full advance, that means you can move up to what is currently, ie. at that time, your speed in inches. Modifications to SPD will not change that, although modifications to movement might.

He just says modifications to movement might. Did he mean that they do? Or that he was unsure?

vintersbastard
07-15-2010, 12:20 AM
He just says modifications to movement might. Did he mean that they do? Or that he was unsure?

My guess is he didn't want to make a ruling on that part, as the question was specifically about a SPD modifier.

sepher32
07-15-2010, 01:43 AM
That was my guess, I just don't want to be presumptuous.

absent
07-15-2010, 02:28 AM
When you decide to move, at that discrete time in the game you determine your movement value and you can move that number of inches and then end your movement. Any change to what you can move is not registered until after is the way i read his post. Not sure why he has that odd wording, but if you read his entire post it's pretty clear.

(the reason he said modification's to movement might effect you is because of effects like terrain and half speed bubbles and stuff)

sepher32
07-15-2010, 02:43 AM
makes sense

vintersbastard
07-15-2010, 04:09 AM
I think his point was thus:
Full Advance: Make an advance up to your "current SPD," with "current SPD" being determined at the beginning of the advance.
Everything else, and this includes movement modifiers that add/substract to movement, are still up to debate.

Rough terrain is yet another thing, as it doesn't modify movement, but puts a penalty on it.

absent
07-15-2010, 04:13 AM
Putting a penalty on something does modify it.

vintersbastard
07-15-2010, 04:21 AM
I think the terms can be used distinctly. Otherwise, why would a modifier that halves movement (i.e. rough terrain) be applied after a modifier that adds to movement (let's say Temporal Acceleration), thusly going against the mathematic rules?

absent
07-15-2010, 04:24 AM
I think you are overcomplicating it.

At the start of the movement you determine your complete full advance or charge distance, it's a discrete event at that time and won't be changed mid move. During the movement if you hit anything that slows you down like rough terrain you take that into account when completing the move.

petegrrrr
07-15-2010, 04:35 AM
You use your speed to calculate your movement. After that, it would take a movement effect to add or subtract distance from the movement you are making (as you have moved on from the initial calculation to the actual movement) is my guess, but it's left ambiguous in that ruling, probably on purpose as you mentioned.

I can honestly see both sides.

absent
07-15-2010, 04:39 AM
It's actually pretty annoying that he trivialized half his post on that by putting in that line at the end without explaining it fully. =(