PDA

View Full Version : Hydra with focus allocated more focus

Tekanan
07-13-2010, 03:01 AM
My Hydra, sitting on 0 focus gets hit by an enemy attack. He then gains 1 focus.

On my turn, how many focus can I allocate to the Hydra? 2 (totalling to 3) or 3 (totalling to 4)?

absent
07-13-2010, 03:03 AM
2, totalling 3. You can't ever allocate past 3, but you can gain over 3 from other effects. So if you allocate up to 3, and then get hit 7 times, you'd have 10 focus. If you didn't allocate, got hit 7 times, you could not then next turn allocate to 10, you are stuck at 7.

Makes sense?

Hjelmen0
07-13-2010, 03:04 AM

Even though the Hydra gains focus from getting hit, when it comes time for allocation, the act of allocating focus cannot allow the 'jack to exceed three focus.

If you allocate, and then gain (as the Deathjack's Skulls of Hate do, or by the Hydra getting hit in the same turn after allocation), then you could exceed 3 focus.

Tekanan
07-13-2010, 05:17 AM
Alright. I was always under the impression that the max amount of focus a caster allocate is 3, not the act of allocating focus cannot allow the 'jack to exceed 3 focus.

Mod_Redphantasm
07-13-2010, 05:50 AM
Alright. I was always under the impression that the max amount of focus a caster allocate is 3, not the act of allocating focus cannot allow the 'jack to exceed 3 focus.

The rule for Cortexes is that a model can have no more then 3 focus points as a result of allocation. If the act of allocating would bring you over 3 focus, you cannot allocate.

Mootaz
07-13-2010, 05:54 AM
You are mistaken.

This model can have no more than 3 focus points at any time as a result of allocation.
This limit does not apply to focus gained by means other than allocation.

If the Hydra already has 2 focus and you want to allocate it 2 more, it would have "more than 3 as a result of allocation" and thus it is not possible.

Arigeta
07-13-2010, 11:02 AM
So, say, bottom of turn 1 I dump 3 into the Hydra. Turn 2 you are in range and open up on it hitting it 7 times (example above). Bottom of turn 2 I cannot allocate anything to it as it exceeds the 3 focus limit. However when it activates it will have 10 focus on it, making it a RNG 22 POW 22 cannon? Very nice.

rydiafan
07-13-2010, 11:40 AM
So, say, bottom of turn 1 I dump 3 into the Hydra. Turn 2 you are in range and open up on it hitting it 7 times (example above). Bottom of turn 2 I cannot allocate anything to it as it exceeds the 3 focus limit. However when it activates it will have 10 focus on it, making it a RNG 22 POW 22 cannon? Very nice.

This is correct.