PDA

View Full Version : Slam attack Vs Blessing of Vengance

Zazoo
07-13-2010, 05:28 AM
This is the interaction between a Slam, Defensive Strike and Repulsor Shield.

A slam attack requires a model to end its movement within .5 of the target model for it to be successful.
Defensive strike requires a model to end its movement in its melee range.
Repulsor Shield then puches the model 1" back.

But the condition for the slam attack was met....

So Im assuming that the slamming model still gets to make its slam attack even though its not in .5 anymore since the condition for a successfull slam attack was met.

How would everyone else intrepret it?

blue loki
07-13-2010, 05:46 AM
From the core rules section on Power Attacks:

"Power attacks are melee attacks with a 0.5" melee range."

If somehow a slammer is interrupted between its slam movement and slam attack, and that interruption cause it to be positioned in such a way that its target is no longer within Power attack melee range, the slam attack cannot occur.

Basically, when you attempt to make the attack, the target is no longer in range so the attack is not possible.

Mootaz
07-13-2010, 05:51 AM
The question is moot as the Repulsor shield does not push back on Defensive Strikes (it only does that during the Blessing's activation or when Blessing is hit).

Mod_Redphantasm
07-13-2010, 05:54 AM
More importantly from Blessing of Vengeance:

Repel - When this model hits with this weapon during its activation, the model hit is pushed 1˝ directly away from this model. When this model is hit with a melee attack made by a model in its front arc, after the attack is resolved the attacking model is pushed 1˝ directly away from this model. This model loses Repel while this weapon system is crippled or locked.

You cannot repel with a defensive strike from the shield as the shield attack can only push during your activation. The slammer would move to you, take a defensive strike, then perform his slam. If he hit you, you would take slam damage and be slammed away, then he would be pushed 1" back from his current location.

Zazoo
07-13-2010, 05:56 AM
Thanks for the reply...
That was the bit of info I didnt have with me.

Caeldan
07-13-2010, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the reply...
That was the bit of info I didnt have with me.

However, an interesting interaction would be is the BoV [or any model with a repulsor shield equivalent] being the slammer... And the slamee having defensive strike.

They would then push themselves off the shield and out of slam range before the attack, assuming the strike hits.