PDA

View Full Version : Are Jacks considered living models?

TikiiTorch
07-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Still trying my best to learn the game as I play.

My brother and myself had a bit of a question concerning the ability "Anatomical Precision". As I play Skorne, and he plays Protectorate.

Are WarJacks considered living creatures? From what little I know about the story/lore they are steam powered machines, which would lead me to believe that they are not living, and thus not susceptible to the affects of this ability.

Am I correct, or is this rule more geared towards incorporeal creatures?

Cloud-Gatherer
07-13-2010, 04:43 PM
All warjacks have the Construct ability, which specifically states "this model is not a living model."

Mod_Redphantasm
07-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Warjacks, undead of any kind, and things made of stone (skorne and circle things) are not living. Living requires breathing, and blood, so much blood

TikiiTorch
07-13-2010, 04:55 PM
All warjacks have the Construct ability, which specifically states "this model is not a living model."

OK, great, thank you.

I am guessing this is stated in Prime?

He hasn't picked up a copy yet, and we are learning the rules best we can from the quick-start rules and some laborious Googling until he gets Prime and my Primal comes out.

Mod_Redphantasm
07-13-2010, 05:30 PM
This is indeed covered in Prime

TheUnknownMercenary
07-13-2010, 05:37 PM
OK, great, thank you.

I am guessing this is stated in Prime?

He hasn't picked up a copy yet, and we are learning the rules best we can from the quick-start rules and some laborious Googling until he gets Prime and my Primal comes out.

Yes it is page 73 Warjack special rules Construct which tells you they have the Construct Advantage and then tells you to look at page 34, which then states Construct- This model is not a living model...
It looks like it was left out of the Quick Start rules probably because you are only using the battleboxes and I don't think any of those models have anything that interacts with the Construct rule.

Snoitpo
07-13-2010, 10:12 PM
A strange twist to this. I know that Karchevthe is the only jack that is also a caster. Is he technically alive? I don't have his stats or rules for myself so I wouldn't know.

The Captain
07-13-2010, 10:55 PM
A strange twist to this. I know that Karchevthe is the only jack that is also a caster. Is he technically alive? I don't have his stats or rules for myself so I wouldn't know.
Karchev is a model that is not easily defined, he's basically a model type of his own. He is a living model, but he is neither a warjack nor a warrior model, and thus cannot be affected by anything that affects warrior models or warjacks specifically (with the exception that he takes damage like a warjack). He looks like a warjack and behaves much like one, but the important thing to note is that he is NOT a warjack.

Snoitpo
07-13-2010, 11:47 PM
Thanks for clarifying that, a couple players around here, including a press ganger, have told me he IS a warjack.

Time to go set some people straight. *dawns the cape of internet citation* Away!

sepher32
07-14-2010, 03:08 AM
Unfortunately, "because they said so on the forums" is an argument that doesn't carry much weight anymore. They'll say just about anything on the forums :). That being said Karchev is in fact not a Warjack.

Karchev is a living model but he is neither a warjack or warrior model.
is the first line of the rule Man in the Machine.