PDA

View Full Version : Accidental death... can I reave that?

Jamie P
07-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Last night I played with P-Morghoul (Morghoul1)

His ability Maltreatment was used on a warbeast with 2 health left. This ability caused 2 damage and killed the warbeast. To my knowledge I cant reave fury from a friendly warbeast killed by a friendly attack... but Maltreatment isnt an attack...

Can I reave fury from a warbeast killed by maltreatment? We said yes on the RAW basis that it was not killed by an attack.

Subhedgehog
07-15-2010, 09:42 AM
I believe the rules for reaving actually specify that the effect (attack, damage, spell, continuous effect) must have been caused by an enemy. You should not be able to reave from your own warbeast killed by any spell you cast.

Tarrant
07-15-2010, 09:57 AM
If the rule hasn't changed in the actual rulebook, Subhedgehog is correct. A warlock can't reave from a warbeast destroyed from a friendly source of damage or from transferred damage.

Jamie P
07-15-2010, 10:18 AM
If the rule hasn't changed in the actual rulebook, Subhedgehog is correct. A warlock can't reave from a warbeast destroyed from a friendly source of damage or from transferred damage.

Wording of the current PDF:

A warlock cannot reave
fury points from a warbeast that was destroyed by a friendly
attack or as a result of transferred damage.

So, it seems we will have to wait for the final rule book because that seems to suggest that I was correct...

drugar101
07-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Actually i think you can reave from maltreatment. Here are the latest PDF rules on reaving:

Warlocks are able to capture the life essence of their warbeasts as they are destroyed. When a warbeast in the warlock’s battlegroup is destroyed while in his control area, that warlock can reave the fury points on the warbeast. Before removing the destroyed model from the table, remove its fury points and place them on the warlock. A warlock cannot reave fury points from a warbeast that was destroyed by a friendly attack or as a result of transferred damage.

So here are the criteria:

beast is in control area
beast is being destroyed (removed from play and you are out of luck)
destroyed by a friendly attack and you can't reave
result of transferred damage and you can't reave.

MindwormJim
07-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Reaving
Warlocks are able to capture the life essence of their warbeasts as they are destroyed. When a warbeast in the warlock?s battlegroup is destroyed while in his control area, that warlock can reave the fury points on the warbeast. Before removing the destroyed model from the table, remove its fury points and place them on the warlock.

A warlock cannot reave fury points from a warbeast that was destroyed by a friendly attack or as a result of transferred damage.
Maltreatment is neither transferred damage nor a friendly attack. Therefore you may reave normally.

Tarrant
07-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Good catch! Interesting use of a spell to fill up on Fury if needed.