PDA

View Full Version : Supressive fire while engaged, intended?

absent
07-17-2010, 05:21 AM
Suppressing Fire (Order) - This order can be issued only if two or more models with ranged weapons in this unit in formation are able to forfeit their actions. Each model in this unit in formation must forfeit its action. Other than the Standard Bearer, those
models that do are participants. Place an AOE completely within 12˝ of all participants, with its center point in LOS of all participants, ignoring intervening models. The size of the AOE is based on the number of participants. If there are 2–4, the AOE is 3˝. If there are 5–7, the AOE is 4˝. If there are 8 or more, the AOE is 5˝. When a model enters or ends its activation within the AOE, it suffers a POW 10 damage roll. Suppressing Fire lasts for one round or until all participants have been destroyed or removed from play.
It's an order, it's not an action on a ranged weapon, and it doesn't say participants need not be engaged, is this intentional or unintentional.

Thanks!

TheUnknownMercenary
07-17-2010, 05:30 AM
Suppressing Fire is pretty much the same thing as Covering Fire, and Covering Fire and Suppressing Fire can both be used while the model is engaged.

absent
07-17-2010, 05:33 AM
I wasn't sure on covering fire since it was actually attached to the ranged weapon, good to know. I guess i could have searched covering fire first, my bad for being silly.

TheUnknownMercenary
07-17-2010, 05:38 AM
Covering Fire and Suppressing Fire are not attacks. So being engaged has no affect on them.

absent
07-17-2010, 05:39 AM
I actually don't own prime mk2 so i couldn't look up if you could *action off a ranged weapon in melee, like i said i probably could have searched it up rather than waste the post though.

Northern Ronin
07-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Beat me to it :p Either way, good to know before I start abusing it when I grab the archers.