PDA

View Full Version : Back strike bonus and arc nodes

oninofro
07-21-2010, 05:28 PM
If an arc node is in the back arc of a model and the controlling warcaster (who is not in the back arc) casts through it, does the spell attack roll get the +2 bonus?
If so, why?
If not, why?

Not being difficult with the "Why" rather, wanting to make sure the answer is understood.
Thank you

hausdorff space
07-21-2010, 05:48 PM
If an arc node is in the back arc of a model and the controlling warcaster (who is not in the back arc) casts through it, does the spell attack roll get the +2 bonus?
If so, why?Yes, because the origin of the attack is in the targets back arc and began this activation in said back arc.
(I'm sure there's more to it than that... but I don't have a rulebook handy)

TheUnknownMercenary
07-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Page 61 Back Strikes:

For a model to receive the back strike bonus, the point of origin of the attack must have been in the target's back arc for the attacker's entire activation up to the moment of the attack.
So the warcaster (model) will get the back strike bonus because the arc node (point of origin) was in the target model's back arc.

jandrese
07-21-2010, 08:02 PM
The best part about this: You can run an arc node behind an enemy model, and then activate your caster and still get the backstrike bonus even though the arc node started out in LOS of the target.

Rahu
07-21-2010, 08:30 PM
You know who loves this rule?

Magnus.

ar2
07-22-2010, 07:58 AM
You know who loves this rule?

Magnus.

Anyone running an arc node? :p

NmoLvr
07-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Anyone running an arc node? :p

Yea, but Magnus is a backstabber. :) He's gets an extra d6 because he's good at knifing people while they aren't looking.

Pseudog
02-04-2011, 03:00 AM
This is how it's always been played?

I could have sworn that some piece of text required both the arc node and the casting warcaster to be in back arc but I don't know if I'm remembering Mk1 or some other distant dream :/

TheUnknownMercenary
02-04-2011, 03:05 AM
Please do not Necro Thread. It is against the rules for the rules forum.