PDA

View Full Version : It's baack two man team tourney at Time Machine

CTBuckeye
12-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Ok, it was my idea in the first place, so now that I can I will run one.

Where: Time Machine MANCHESTER
What: 2-person team tourney.
When: Sunday January 24th
10:30 Registration, Dice roll 11:00
Fee: $10.00 per person.

Working on Gold Cards and coins, but not sure how that will go. Definitely prize support by the Time Machine.

Here are the particulars. Total 750 points total (Max 380 points but team cap is solid, so one person can go slightly over half if needed. If the MKII rule books and faction books are all out in time we will run this MKII otherwise it will be MK I.

Anticipating questions, here is what we will be running.

Stampede format, attrition starting in game 2 (1st defense) Kill box to start, then regular Stampede maps. How the units will work is this:

First caster to die: Jacks go inert, if you are playing the same faction you can take control of the jack with either your caster or Jack marshal. On your next activation,remaining units and solos will take a command check at -2 to their command (my addition but their caster just got slain) If they pass command, they may activate if they don't they run each subsequent turn to the nearest board edge, except your opponents deployment edge (either side or back).

Categories will be most defenses, most defensive breaks, and most VP's.

Clarifications about which rule set we will use will follow, but my initial thought is if books and cards are available a week ahead of time we will use MKII otherwise MKI, nothing against MKII just want it to be fair and give everyone some prep time.

Jestor
12-15-2009, 05:19 AM
MKII Faction books won't be fully out till the summer so does that mean definately MKI?

Which Time Machine is this at?

CT GAMER
12-15-2009, 05:45 AM
Which Time Machine is this at?

If you drive to the wrong one, just ask nicely to use their time machine, then go back in time and drive to the other one...

GunMageinTraining
12-15-2009, 06:50 AM
... So The Stamford one then?

Hrm, finding a teammate may be difficult for me, but I shall try.

CloudFang
12-15-2009, 03:08 PM
what about playing the same hordes faction???

CTBuckeye
12-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Ok,

if we run mkii we basically lose hordes.

Hordes will run same as warmachine. However warbeasts are outlined in primal. I can post how I read it to work if you like. Units will be the same.

Sorry about the venue confusion.

MKII rule book and faction decks will be available soon I just think it would be best to include more teams and players by running one last MKI.

CTBuckeye
12-16-2009, 05:37 PM
TJ I bet either Nate or one of the other cygnar players would be happy to team up with you. Heck if I bad a battle box and two units I'd run with you...

Jestor
12-17-2009, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the update Dave and good luck with the MKI tourney. I still can't figure out which TM it's at so you may want to make that a bit more clear :)

GunMageinTraining
12-17-2009, 07:30 AM
Well then,

Putting forth an open request for a team-mate. I run Swans.

and a question... cause you haven't actually answered it... Which Time Machine!?

CTBuckeye
12-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Manchester for the Team tourney, Stamford for the Battle Box

I was answering from my i-pod and obviously it didn't save my edit.

MrsEvilbeetles
12-19-2009, 04:49 AM
Well Buckeye yer gonna have a heck of a time running a battle box in Stamford seeing as there is not Time Machine location there, try running it in STRATFORD and you should be good!

CTBuckeye
12-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Everybody is picking on me...

Brain is reaching critical mass, ready to blow.........

Well Buckeye yer gonna have a heck of a time running a battle box in Stamford seeing as there is not Time Machine location there, try running it in STRATFORD and you should be good!

LonelyMonk
12-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Brain is reaching critical mass, ready to blow.........

Guess we need to get you to run a Stampede for 24 people... and do it solo.... :D

Cranial Explosion

GunMageinTraining
12-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Eew, I've seen a cranial explosion before, it was messy, 3 random people got injured by the bone fragments, and grey matter is really hard to clean...

altahara
12-21-2009, 05:01 AM
so since MK2 should be out by then what will be the pts formk2? also how many people are definetly signed up?

Friend and i are debating comming up from ohio...

MrsEvilbeetles
12-22-2009, 05:58 PM
I will be there (if I can get the day off!)

CTBuckeye
12-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Where in Ohio? I am originally from the Cleveland area. I have yet to calculate what the equivalent points will be. Also, not sure what the Hordes field test will reveal. Kind of leaning towards a MKI event only since the points are clear, and the systems match up without play testing rules.

Unless an overwhelming number of people want to run MKII with the most recent Hordes play test cards as the cards for use. I will have a post at least 2 weeks prior confirming which rule set and points we will run. There are just a number of folks who only have Hordes armies, and I want to include them with as little confusion as possible.

so since MK2 should be out by then what will be the pts formk2? also how many people are definetly signed up?

Friend and i are debating comming up from ohio...

CTBuckeye
12-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Revision:

See the battle box tourney This event is not canceled due to a change in my sister in laws health status. Sorry about the confusion. Crazy is part of my life right now.

Sr.

Due to personal reasons I will not be able to run this event. Unless someone else can run it please consider it canceled.

CTBuckeye
01-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Back to the top

CTBuckeye
01-17-2010, 03:56 PM
And again...

GunMageinTraining
01-17-2010, 09:24 PM
So... is this on or not?

CTBuckeye
01-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Yes it is on as well as the battle box tourney in Stratford next month. This will be MKI due to the format. The battle box tourney next month will be MKII.

CTBuckeye
01-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Still on for tomorrow. Back to the top.

CTBuckeye
01-24-2010, 04:53 PM
After action report. Awesome time, had a total of 5 teams and hoped for more. Next event is the battle box in Stratford with something in march for resurgence. Keep your eyes peeled but it should start heating up soon.