PDA

View Full Version : Earthborn Dire Troll Animus query

Silk8185
08-23-2010, 12:40 AM
i've run a search but i've not found this question been asked but i doubt i'll be the first to ask it. im just useless with a search :(.

Anyway, EBDT casts its animus on an Axer who's in a forest, EBDT runs off and does something meaningfull for the remainder of the game, Axer activates he's clearly within 2" of Rough Terrain as he's stood in some, so gets the +2SPD from Elemental Communion. However, if the Axer then chooses to put its own animus on itself for +2" movement and Pathfinder does this cancel Elemental Communions benefit? or do they work together?

instinct tells me that once the axer applies its own animus the +2SPD will no longer be in effect, but i can find nothing on the cards that clarifies it.

thanks in advance for your help folks.

Kenton
08-23-2010, 12:58 AM
instinct tells me that once the axer applies its own animus the +2SPD will no longer be in effect, but i can find nothing on the cards that clarifies it.

Correct. A model can only be under the effect of one animus at any given time. Therefore the Axer would "overwrite" the Earthborn with his own animus. The rules are in Primal in the section describing Animus (no book handy to give the page).

If it were a Dire Troll then you would be able to charge under the influence of the Earthborn animus and then use the DT animus to benefit from 2 in a single turn. They would not be effective at the same time so there would not be a conflict (obviously the EBDT animus would expire as the DT animus was cast).

I hope this helped to explain rather than add to confusion :)

sepher32
08-23-2010, 05:05 AM
A model can only ever be effected by one friendly and one enemy animus at a time.

Kenton
08-23-2010, 05:12 AM
A model can only ever be effected by one friendly and one enemy animus at a time.

Very true. Important distinction that I forgot there.

Also worth noting that an animus cast as a spell by a warlock will still displace another animus.

TheUnknownMercenary
08-23-2010, 05:54 AM

That is inccorect.
A model can only be affected by one friendly animus and an unlimited amount of enemy animi.