PDA

View Full Version : pSorcha tricks part2

MoN4RcH
08-25-2010, 09:55 AM
I know i can i charge a target with her, then windrush past them(possibly risking free strikes if wardog not avaliable) back field further before i have to do my action but could i then shoot her hand cannon as my action as i have not actually used my action and a successful charge only needs to get into melee range of the charge target?

FearLord
08-25-2010, 10:00 AM
No. You made a successful charge when you charged a model. If you don't finish in melee range of your charge target, your activation ends there. If you do, you can interrupt your charge attack to cast a spell (in this case, Wind rush) which moves you away from your charge target. If this move takes you into melee range of another enemy model, you can make your initial melee attacks (but not a charge attack) and then buy additional attacks as normal - you cannot make ranged attacks, because a charge combines your movement with a melee combat action.

vintersbastard
08-27-2010, 05:14 AM
(...) you cannot make ranged attacks, because a charge combines your movement with a melee combat action.

Actually, it's because of this:

A charging model that ends its charge movement with
its charge target in its melee range has made a successful
charge. It must use its action to make a combat action,
choosing to make either initial melee attacks or (if it can
make a special attack with a melee weapon) a melee
special attack.
(Combination of attack and movement doesn't happen anymore.)

FearLord
08-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Actually, it's because of this:

(Combination of attack and movement doesn't happen anymore.)

Thanks, but I didn't mean literally combining it - a charge consist of a charge move followed by a melee combat action (or some kind) which is all I meant...

jandrese
08-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Unless you have a special rule that allows it like Gunfighter, you can't make a ranged attack as your charge attack. You could however, charge the target, get in range, then windrush to a second target and attack them with your charge attack. You would not get the free boost, but you wouldn't have to buy that attack with focus.

Dantes
08-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Unless you have a special rule that allows it like Gunfighter, you can't make a ranged attack as your charge attack. You could however, charge the target, get in range, then windrush to a second target and attack them with your charge attack. You would not get the free boost, but you wouldn't have to buy that attack with focus.
Charge attacks must be melee attacks. Gunfighter attacks are ranged attacks in a melee range.

FearLord
08-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Charge attacks must be melee attacks. Gunfighter attacks are ranged attacks in a melee range.

Gun fighter specifically states that you can charge and use it, but your damage roll is not boosted.

jandrese
08-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Hence the reason I used it as an example...

Dantes
08-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Gun fighter specifically states that you can charge and use it, but your damage roll is not boosted.

I'm guessing that's a change as that is no where in my version of Primal MK 2.

TheUnknownMercenary
08-27-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm guessing that's a change as that is no where in my version of Primal MK 2.

Second paragraph of Gunfighter page 63 Primal.

Dantes
08-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Ah, was looking at the description of Gunfight in the Advantages.

Stevo
08-27-2010, 12:50 PM

As well as page 63 of Prime MK II. The advantages have references to other page numbers in the book, Gunfighter is one of them.