PDA

View Full Version : Woldwardens, Animi

Scyldemort
12-15-2009, 05:49 PM
So a beast's animus is treated as one of the Warlock's spells, right?

"... the warlock who controls the warbeast can treat the animus as if it were one of his own spells while the warbeast is in his control area."

Now, Geomancy says,
Geomancy - While in its controllerʼs control area, this model can be forced to cast one of its warcasterʼs spells with a COST of 3 or less. This modelʼs controller is considered to have cast the spell but this model is its point of origin. When making a magic attack roll, this model uses its controllerʼs FURY. This model cannot cast spells with a RNG of SELF or CTRL.

... does this mean that a Woldwarden can cast the animus of any beast that is currently within the Warlock's control area, provided it has a cost of 3 or less, and does not have a RNG of SELF or CTRL? O_o

wvieira422
12-15-2009, 08:23 PM
I've always played that as no as the beasts animi are not one of his spells but spells he gets to treat as his own while near him. but i could be wrong it would be cool if they could but i think that might be a little broken.

LEJKaya
12-15-2009, 08:26 PM
I always interpreted it as they can cast animi, but that may be quite good now that geomancy is fixed.

countbrass
12-16-2009, 01:59 AM
Friendly beast animus can be TAPPED and cast as a spell by a friendly warlock. Its not added to the Warlocks spell list. Having stated that, the new Geomancy almost looks like a 1 fury channel ability and in the end of the channeling section it says that if a beast is a channeler that it can channel Animus cast as spells by a Warlock, but not animus cast by a beast. I think some clarification on intent might be in order.

Maudlin
12-16-2009, 02:19 AM
"A warlock can treat the animus as if it were one of his own spells", a model with Geomancy cannot.

Geomancy is not channeling, the spell is cast by the model itself during the model's activation.

countbrass
12-16-2009, 02:25 AM
So no animus being cast by Geomancy. gotcha