PDA

View Full Version : Any way to trump anti magic auras with skarloc or deathjack?

predigerw
09-05-2010, 08:22 PM
A few days ago, a menoth player complained about the skarloc and deathjack, saying both ignored pseverius feat, since if my caster was outside it's control range, I could cast (the sentence saying the warcaster is considered to have cast the spell). Now, that made me happy, but checking the forums, I couldn't find an infernal answering that question exactly, and found different replies to basically the same thing.
Now, to make things clear to me, can I cast, or can I not cast, using the skarloc or the deathjack, while under the aura effect of Orin Midwinter's "null magic", the druid's of orboros "counter magic", Kromac's "Bestial", or pSeverius Feat?.
Also, I imagine that I can use an arcnode against the druids and orin, since I suppose, that if my caster is outside the aura, there's no problem, since the point of origin is in no way mentioned in the effects, but, once again, I'm worried about the deathjack and the skarloc, since playing cryx I don't have a lot of guns and having my spells cut off really makes me unhappy.
Thanks

TheUnknownMercenary
09-05-2010, 08:34 PM
The Skarlock and Deathjack are the models that are casting the spell. So if affected by an ability that says a model cannot cast a spell then they cannot cast a spell. The whole "warcaster is considerd to have cast the spell" is so that if the Skarlock or Deathjack cast an upkeep spell of the warcaster's, then any previous casting of the upkeep spell will expire. Also it allows the warcaster to upkeep the spell that was cast by the Skarlock or Deathjack.

Decarabian
09-06-2010, 10:03 PM
The upside of this fact being that eSkarre's Seas of Fate lets you boost those spells after rolling :D (at least with the DJ).

Snoitpo
09-06-2010, 10:27 PM
What are the wordings of the abilities in question? I know Skarlock and DJ but the feats we are talking about. I know off the top of my head that the Skarlock circumvents Lamentation but I don't know about these other ones.

rydiafan
09-06-2010, 10:37 PM
The Skarlock circumvents Lamentation because it does not pay to cast the spell, and thus cannot pay double. Anything which prevents casting shuts it down.

Snoitpo
09-08-2010, 07:38 PM
That much I understand but what are the rules on the abilities besides the Skarlock.

vintersbastard
09-09-2010, 02:21 AM
Null Magic, Counter Magic, Divine Might and Bestial all prevent spellcasting within a certain distance to the model(s) using the ability. Bestial prevents channeling as well.

computertrucker
09-09-2010, 03:46 AM
Lawgivers Creed would also prevent the casting of the spell.. Which is an action ability from the Covenant of Menoth.. (which is actually my next model)