PDA

View Full Version : Questions on pKrueger

Urfi
09-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Hey guys,
I just read pKruegers card once more and two questions came to my mind.

1. his feat: Damage is dealt when a model enters or ends it's activation in a template. Does that mean when a model enters a template and then ends it's movement inside of it, it will suffer damage twice?

2. chain lightning: The lightning arcs to d6 models, it has not already arced to. Does that mean it will arc from the target to d6 models and than from each of the d6 models to another d6 models? Wouldn't that mean you actually hit the whole unit or even multiple units if they stand close to each other?
Or does it only arc once from the target model to d6 other models and then stops?

Hope this hasn't been asked too often before...
Thanks for all answers

Masanori
09-06-2010, 03:27 PM
answering yer question 2, it arcs d6 models from the original model hit by chain litenin' Dat's it.

drugar101
09-06-2010, 03:38 PM
question 1. damage is only taken once.

Blitzer
09-06-2010, 08:18 PM
1. his feat: Damage is dealt when a model enters OR ends it's activation in a template. Does that mean when a model enters a template and then ends it's movement inside of it, it will suffer damage twice?

Or not And

The Captain
09-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Or not And
In fact, if the rule said "advances and ends its movement", it would require the model to do both in order to take damage (i.e. models just passing through, or models beginning their advance in the cloud, would not take damage). With "or", either condition triggers the effect, but they still trigger the effect only once per advance.

Kenton
09-07-2010, 01:11 AM
The actual effect is similar to many other cloud effects (scather, cleanser clouds, etc) in that damage is suffered by models moving into the area or ending their activation in the area.

- A model beginning in the area could move out and take no damage (though if I recall correctly they will have taken a hit on placement of the template).
- A model passing through triggers damage on entry.
- A model moving in triggers damage on entry.
- A model staying put within the area takes damage on end of activation.

vintersbastard
09-07-2010, 02:28 AM
2. chain lightning: The lightning arcs to d6 models, it has not already arced to. Does that mean it will arc from the target to d6 models and than from each of the d6 models to another d6 models? Wouldn't that mean you actually hit the whole unit or even multiple units if they stand close to each other?
Or does it only arc once from the target model to d6 other models and then stops?

You seem to be a little bit confused on how Chain Lightning works. The lightning jumps from one model to the next, creating a chain, like this (x being the model hit by the spell, and the die roll being a 4):

---------x----o --- --- o
---------------\ ----- /-----o
-o--------------o----o

Urfi
09-07-2010, 03:36 AM
Thanks guys.
Actually I really misunderstood how the chain lightning arcs. Think I should have thought about the name a little more....

For the templates: That's fine with me, I was just unsure if a model wouldn't trigger the effect first when entering and then a second time as is ends it's movement inside the template.

drugar101
09-07-2010, 04:21 AM
Thanks guys.
Actually I really misunderstood how the chain lightning arcs. Think I should have thought about the name a little more....

For the templates: That's fine with me, I was just unsure if a model wouldn't trigger the effect first when entering and then a second time as is ends it's movement inside the template.

Last sentence of the paragraph on 'Entering' in primal or prime makes it very clear a model can only suffer the damage once.