PDA

View Full Version : Extinguish vs Inert

lastspartacus
12-16-2009, 10:39 AM
I had always thought having a jack get KD in water was a trigger to inert.
Reading it again, any random warrior model seems to be able to stand it back up. Is this right or a typo? I feel it should just be another trigger for going inert when the boiler goes out.

DarkLegacy
12-16-2009, 10:53 AM
An inert warjack can be reactivated by a friendly Faction model with the Battlegroup Commander special ability, such as a warcaster, or by a friendly Faction ’jack marshal that ends its movement in base-to-base contact with it.

Only those models. It isn't just a friendly Faction model. It has to have that ability.

Valander
12-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Well, there aren't terrain rules in the prerelease document for Mk II. There was some stuff in the field test, but can't say if that's been changed:

Warmachine Mk II Field Test, p. 55
A warjack that is knocked down in shallow water has its furnace extinquished and is stationary until its furnace is restarted. A friendly warrior model in B2B with the warjack can restart it by forfeiting its action.

Note that it does not become inert; merely stationary. So unless the rules for water change in final Mk II, any friendly warrior model can restart the furnace and un-stationary the 'jack.

lastspartacus
12-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Thats a bit disapointing, but alright.

Konradexius
12-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Important to note: as written, you could just allocate focus and shake the stationary effect.

Valander
12-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Important to note: as written, you could just allocate focus and shake the stationary effect.

Maybe. Because it says "until furnace is restarted," you could argue that it has to have the other condition met (a friendly model forfeiting action) first, but yeah, it's definitely vague. Until final rules for the terrain show up, though, we can't really call it.

Ptemplarcrish
12-16-2009, 09:42 PM
I suppose you could shake it, but keep in mind, you're also KD'd, so youd have to shake both, otherwise, when you start your activation, yes you've shaken off the stationary, but you're KD in water, so you'd immediately shut back down to stationary...seems like a waste to spend 2 focus just to have the jack able to move unless there are absolutely no models around to do it for him...

Ptemplarcrish
12-28-2009, 06:34 AM
so, it is in fact possible to just burn 2 focus on a jack thats KD'd in water to shake both effects and now be fully functional?

Weaselcreature
12-28-2009, 07:41 AM
so, it is in fact possible to just burn 2 focus on a jack thats KD'd in water to shake both effects and now be fully functional?
No, because you still haven't fullfilled the requirement to re-start the furnace. I also don't know that you can shake the stationary effect due to "...and is stationary until its furnace is restarted."