PDA

View Full Version : Immediate effect rules priority

Decade
12-17-2009, 06:50 AM
I'm curious about the priority of multiple immediate effects on a unit. The situation in particular involves Skarre's Black Spot

Blackspot - Target enemy warrior model/unit suffers ?2 DEF. When a friendly Faction model destroys one or more affected models with a melee or ranged attack during its activation, immediately after the attack is resolved it can make one additional melee or ranged attack regardless of ROF. Attacks gained from Black Spot cannot generate additional attacks from Black Spot.
and General Gerlak Slaughterborn's leadership ability

Killing Spree - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a melee attack during its combat action, after that attack is resolved this model can move up to 1˝ and make one additional melee attack.

Leadership - While in this modelʼs command range, friendly Bloodgorger models gain Overtake. (When a model with Overtake destroys one or more emodel can [B]immediately advance up to 1˝.)
with a unit of bloodgorgers.

The situation is this:
Skarre Black Spots an enemy unit. Gorgers and Gerlack move in, killing some of the unit. Both black spot and overtake trigger. Or in the case of Gerlak, both overtake and killing spree trigger along with black spot.

My questions is this:
In which order do the effects activate, since they are both effects under my control on my units? Do I chose which one activates first? And in the case of Gerlak, do overtake and blackspot resolve (being immediate), then killing spree (since it doesn't have immediate in its description)?

TheUnknownMercenary
12-17-2009, 07:06 AM
From the timing rules:

a. Resolve effects that automatically damage,
destroy, or remove models from play.
b. Resolve active player effects that do not involve
making an attack.
c. Resolve inactive player effects.
d. Resolve active player effects that involve making
an attack.

b is when overtake would trigger and d is when black spot and killing spree trigger.

Decade
12-17-2009, 07:11 AM
Thanks. That's exactly what I needed.

Decade
12-17-2009, 07:19 AM
Now, in Gerlak's case, do I chose the order in which blackspot and killingspree go off, or does black spot take priority because its an immediate effect? And if you keep having enemies in range, can you esentialy create a mobius strip of triggers until you run out of black spotted enemies? Overtake -> Blackspot / Killing spree -> Overtake -> Blackspot / Killing Spree -> Etc.

Macallan
12-17-2009, 07:31 AM
It seems it works.

TheUnknownMercenary
12-17-2009, 07:36 AM
Macallan,
Did find a post in the old forums by Haight that states Gerlak will not have the Bloodgorger subtype in the final version. Is this still correct. Because if so Gerlak wil not benefit from Leadership and so will not get Overtake.

His post is #39.
http://old.privateerpressforums.com/index.php?showtopic=189389&st=0

Macallan
12-17-2009, 07:41 AM
Yes, there is that, too. Thanks.

Decade
12-17-2009, 07:48 AM
Shards! Ah well, a killingspree / blackspot mobius strip is still two possible attacks from every kill, which is still good. Just not as good. Thanks.

vintersbastard
12-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Sorry to disappoint:

When a model is granted more attacks as a result of an attack it made, it gains only one. If two or more abilities would grant the model another attack as a result of making an attack, its controlling player chooses which ability to apply.

Macallan
12-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Ooops good catch.

Decade
12-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Argh! Foiled again! At least the gorgers still benefit from overtake and black spot.