PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions on "tough"

eddie
10-06-2010, 02:05 PM
I've never read about the exact wording on tough but i had 2 questions. Thanks for any input and help in advance!

ps- hope i dont spark and arguement....

1) does snacking ignore tough?
i.e. can the troll go "im tough!" and a shredder or something with snacking go "i dont care! nom nom nom" (assuming the shredder or snacking model has damage on them to be able to use the ability snacking [yes ive seen that forum...kind of])

2) can you choose not to make a tough roll? lets say the great bears are boxed and i have to roll for a tough. And i really dont want to let him live can i opt out of makign that roll? or is i required?

thank you.

hackrune
10-06-2010, 02:11 PM
1) Snacking happens when a model is Boxed, Tough happens when a model is Disabled. Disabled happens before Boxed, so if the model makes the tough roll, there's no chance for snacking to happen.

2) No, Tough isn't optional. 'When this model is disabled, roll a d6,' etc. No may, can, or 'if you feel like it'

Cloud-Gatherer
10-06-2010, 03:29 PM
1) Snacking happens when a model is Boxed, Tough happens when a model is Disabled. Disabled happens before tough, so if the model makes the tough roll, there's no chance for snacking to happen.

2) No, Tough isn't optional. 'When this model is disabled, roll a d6,' etc. No may, can, or 'if you feel like it'

This is correct. Also, is there some reason you've "never read about the exact wording" of Tough? These questions are both pretty clear if you actually read the rules.

eddie
10-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Well i dont have the rule book =)
i've learned through my friend while at college who only played a little so we learned together....summer came and our minds got blown away when we started going to a game store normally. Ever since then if i needed something i would post on here or ask our master gamer who knows all of warmachine...or so we hope

Cloud-Gatherer
10-06-2010, 10:01 PM
You, um, should really get the rulebook if you're going to play. The rules are kind of important.

ccjazz38
10-07-2010, 02:10 AM
Well i dont have the rule book =)
i've learned through my friend while at college who only played a little so we learned together....summer came and our minds got blown away when we started going to a game store normally. Ever since then if i needed something i would post on here or ask our master gamer who knows all of warmachine...or so we hope

LOL! I've done the college thing myself....does he (your friend) have a rule book? Maybe you both can go "halves" on a book...share it....go halves later so you can both will have a book when the time is right. Like "CG" stated, it is kind of important instead of possibly being taught the wrong stuff...you will be able to verify rules on the spot! :)