PDA

View Full Version : A new Faction! Ideas searched!

redscores
10-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Well, I am trying to create a new faction, but I have no access to story books or something, so I ask YOU what would be a good new faction, which race would be good for that?

I thought about orgoth, but I have no idea how the situation for them is... or if they are already destroyed.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Bringer Of The Void
10-11-2010, 04:33 PM
I think that the Inhabitants of the "Mistery Southern Land of Zu" could provide an almost endless possibility of a New Faction (probably more for Hordes rather than Warmachine, as the Continent is described as Rich in Natural Resources but quite Technologically Arretrated) for many Background Ideas...

The few Lines of Official PP Background describes the "Zu-Landers" ("Zoo-Landers" !?!?! :) :) :) ) as Richly Bejeweled and Garishly Coloured Warriors that could equally represent Masai/Matabele/Zulu Lancers of South Africa, Peacock Feathered Mayan/Aztec/Incan Obsidian Mace-Wielders or some Far Eastern China/Malaysia/Thai Martial Artists.....

redscores
10-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Sounds cool, maybe could use that :D.... That would be kind of exotic... maybe a voodoo man as leader? is there anything known about the infrastructure or maybe their leaders?

Bringer Of The Void
10-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Nope, the only thing that is described about their Culture is that they hold the "Cradle Thieves" (Feathered Giant Serpents with Hypnotic Powers) as somehov Sacred...

In the NoQuarter of July there was described an Iron Kingdoms Circus foolishly showing some of these Dangerous Snakes that were Smuggled on the Immoreen Continents and in the "Wrap Ideas" after the Main I.K.R.P.G. Battle there was the Hint about the P.G. meeting a Warband of Holy Warriors from Zu trying to track the Dangerous Snakes...

As I'm rummaging about his Idea the Cradle Thief is very reminiscent of Quetzalcoatl "The Feathered Serpent-God" so perhaps Zu is some sort of Iron Kingdoms Americas with its share of Aztec, Mayans, Olmecs and Toltecs (or even Nazcas with their Giant Lines...!!) as the "Exotic Faraway Land"...

While a Lesser Warlock from Zu controlling a "Giant Cradle Thief" could be a Cool Concept (working like the Iosan Dahlia Hallyr and her Pet Taztilwurm...) I must fish on the two Monsternomicon for any References about the Monsters and Critters from Zu.....

TurboNitroMonkey
10-11-2010, 05:42 PM
I'd say try to build a faction around the race the Totem Hunter comes from. There is a bit of fluff on him in his entry in Hordes Primal MkII if you have access to that. I'd love to see that. He's such an enigmatic model with a lot of flavor if you ask me, with a few similarities to the Predator culture a la that series of movies, or similar stories. I'd agree with Bringer of the Void here, and add some of the pseudo historic culture flavor to it, and around that as the basis for the race. Something middle-american/darkest africa ish.

redscores
10-12-2010, 06:18 AM
I think I will take those people from Zuu, I have no real information about the race of the totem hunter ^^.

Are there any information of other animals, other than those snakes from zu?

Maybe I can combine the totem hunters with those people from zuu.

Bringer Of The Void
10-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Should You have not access to the Two Monsternomicon manuals of the I.K.R.P.G. I will browse My books and signal You a brief Description and Ideas about Monsters and Creatures both officially and only hinted from the Mysterious Southern Continent of Zu......