PDA

View Full Version : Free Strikes and Vayl's Dark Sentinel

blitzmonkey
10-17-2010, 08:53 PM
I tried searching through other threads like this (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?22270-Interpret-quot-End-their-movement-quot-.&highlight=ending+normal+movement) but couldn't come up with a solid conclusion.

Situation:

Vayl has Typhon and a Seraph within 5 inches of her. The Seraph is engaged by an enemy model. The enemy model advances towards Vayl, thus trigger a free strike. The free strike kills the enemy model.

Does Dark Sentinel trigger on this?

rydiafan
10-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Legion book doesn't exist yet, so can you remind us what's the exact wording on Dark Sentinel?

blitzmonkey
10-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Legion book doesn't exist yet, so can you remind us what's the exact wording on Dark Sentinel?

It is in Primal. I don't have the exact wording, but the part that is in question is "when a model ends its normal movement within 5 inches of Vayl".

EDIT "Dark Sentinel -- Once per turn, when an enemy model ends its normal movement within 5˝ of this model, a friendly Faction warbeast within 5˝ of this model can immediately make a full advance followed by a normal melee or ranged attack targeting the enemy model. The warbeast gains boosted attack and damage rolls against the enemy model."

TheUnknownMercenary
10-17-2010, 09:13 PM
I tried searching through other threads like this (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?22270-Interpret-quot-End-their-movement-quot-.&highlight=ending+normal+movement) but couldn't come up with a solid conclusion.

Situation:

Vayl has Typhon and a Seraph within 5 inches of her. The Seraph is engaged by an enemy model. The enemy model advances towards Vayl, thus trigger a free strike. The free strike kills the enemy model.

Does Dark Sentinel trigger on this?

The model is killed/destroyed before it finishes it's movement.

rydiafan
10-17-2010, 09:15 PM
It is in Primal.

Forgot Vayl was in Primal. My bad.

Agreed.

vintersbastard
10-18-2010, 04:41 AM

Correct, as free strikes are resolved immediatly. The only exception to this that I'm aware of would be if the advancing model is doing a trample power attack, as free strikes are resolved after the movement in that case.