PDA

View Full Version : Please republish Infernal Contraption

Mootaz
10-26-2010, 11:59 PM
I've shown this game to so many people and they all loved it. But the fact that you can't buy this game any more is a real downer.
Please republish it.

ZoSo
10-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Boardgamegeek.com has two for sale.

Mootaz
10-28-2010, 12:56 AM
I know, and sometimes some also show up on ebay.
But there's a difference between showing people a good game and then having to tell them "by the way, you can't buy this anymore, hope it shows up on ebay and you then have to pay shipping and maybe have to pay with paypal" and "glad you liked it, your normal games shop should have it".

Godpox
04-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Just picked up a copy and the expansion from bartertown. Anyone have any advice on playing the game?

Alienated One
05-04-2011, 12:25 PM
read the rules, find 1-3 other people, enjoy :)

Ravyn
05-13-2011, 06:49 AM
Its a great game, and I can tell you, I've not yet thrown a party where it didn't show up. Its mind boggling that its already gone, I'm very glad I got it and the expac.
But I'll throw my voice in with: Bring it back!

Lines
08-13-2011, 02:21 AM
Yeah, a relaunch of the game would be great.
Almost everyone I´m showing the game to is asking where he can buy it.

My only suggestion for a second edition would be:
- rotate the text on the cards by 90°. Most of the time there will be more plugs than cards in the main line. Plug cards are placed upright and with the text rotated you should only have to turn your head for cards in the main line.
- Increase the size of the letters a tiny bit. Underline or bold the important information.
- In addition invent some signs(icons shown on the card that represent their action so that more experienced players don´t have to read the text at all.

There is a lot of reading involved every turn, especially in bigger machines. And for peolpe not knowing the cards by heart the points mentioned above would speed up the game and shorten the whole "uh, what does that card do? let me read it again"-part.

Anyway a great game!

Lines

skillt
09-22-2011, 08:55 AM
I ran 4 days of demo's of it at gencon 2 years in a row. I don't really ever want to play it again. That being said, I love the game and highly suggest it!

And I too would love to see a reprint, as I would love to stock it in my store :)

Duckboy
11-05-2011, 05:29 PM
I just picked up a copy off of bartertown and surprisingly it came with the expansion as well, it is one of the very few games I can get my girlfriend to play which is extremely exciting. It is one of my favorite card games.

Whimper
11-13-2011, 08:40 AM
I just watched the Warmachine Weekend video where DC announced they would be printing an Infernal Contraption 2nd Edition including revised rules, and incorporating some of the cards from IC2 Sabotage.

Great news!

Alienated One
11-15-2011, 08:16 AM
Lets hope the rules are published on the web. I own the game and the expansion and dont want to buy it again :)

TheCandyMan
11-20-2011, 02:37 AM
2nd Edition? Yes! Now I just need to wait for it to be released!

Whimper
02-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Here is the official advertisement from Privateer Press. It doesn't really offer much (besides making me want to throw up with its wacky circus music).

http://youtu.be/yHjvL7CP8lo

GrandMcMuf
02-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Yay! This is great news!