PDA

View Full Version : Mercenary Warjacks/Minion Warbeasts

Viper114
11-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Just making sure, can warcasters and warlocks take either Merc Warjacks or Minion Warbeasts depending on their system? Like, can a Skorne Warlock take a Blackhide Wrastler as one of his warbeasts? Or are every warcaster and warlock limited to only their faction's warjacks and warbeasts? Someone was suggesting the above in that a Skorne Warlock can take a Blackhide Wrastler...

bouncymischa
11-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Faction warcasters/warlocks can only take Faction warjacks/warbeasts in their battlegroups. Thus, only a Mercenary warcaster could take a Mercenary warjack, and similarly for Minions.

It could be that the poster was talking about taking a Wrastler in Wrongeye's battlegroup, since I think he works for Skorne (but I'm not certain). That would be a way to get a Blackhide Wrastler into a Skorne army.

Viper114
11-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah, that may be it, but I always thought that he was bound to only Snapjaw just like the other lesser warlocks were only bound to their warbeasts...

bouncymischa
11-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Yeah, that may be it, but I always thought that he was bound to only Snapjaw just like the other lesser warlocks were only bound to their warbeasts...

Dhalia and Brun have a rule called "Limited Battlegroup", which states they can only take their associated character warbeasts with them. Rorsh and Wrongeye, however, don't have this rule, and thus can take other Farrow or Gator warbeasts (respectively), although they still do have to take their own companions with them. So Rorsh, for example, could take Brine and a Gun Boar, or Wrongeye could take Snapjaw and a Wrastler.

Viper114
11-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Ah, I see. So it all revolves around Wrongeye and Rorsh being able to allow Minion Warbeasts taken in the full factions. That makes sense.

TheUnknownMercenary
11-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Viper114, you may want to take a look at your rulebooks, Primal page 85:

Minion warbeasts can be controlled only by minion warlocks.

Prime page 83:

Mercenary warjacks can be controlled and reactivated only by mercenary warcasters and 'jack marshals.