PDA

View Full Version : Warcasters, Focus, and Loss of Focus.

dangerparty
11-25-2010, 08:51 PM
I was perusing Eiryss's rules, and looking at the interaction with pNemo and his Arcane Accumulator. If I am reading the rules right, Eiryss's Disruptor Bolt removes and does not allow focus to regenerate the next turn, but any type of ability that creates focus after the replenishmet(ie turning Power Tokens, or Souls into focus) is still effective. So Eiryss hits your caster with Disruptor Bolt, but he picked up three souls last turn, he receives those three soulfocus points.

Now, further thought about this interaction led me to pSeverius's feat. His feat only stops focus replenishment, it does not remove focus. Which led me to this thought:

If your caster doesn't replenish focus, does the old focus from the round before carry over?

rydiafan
11-25-2010, 08:53 PM
At the beginning of your turn you remove all unspent focus from your warcaster, so no.

TheUnknownMercenary
11-25-2010, 08:57 PM
You still gain the foucs from souls because those soul focus are not replenished but gained.

Unlike warlocks and their fury, which they keep, warcasters do not get to keep any unused focus. In fact none of your models get to keep any unused focus. See The Player Turn, Maintenance Phase Prime 42:

1. Remove all focus points from your models.
It is the first thing you do on your turn.