PDA

View Full Version : pMakeda's feat, can you chain the models ?

whats82
11-28-2010, 11:19 AM
As title. I did a search and the closest thread I found was this (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?12299-pMakeda-s-Feat&highlight=makeda+feat).

Question is, can brought back models by pMakeda's feat - Walking death, chain 3" between them, or must they all be brought back within 3" of existing models ?

Still seems unresolved, and I had an argument at LGS yesterday where people have played both sides of the argument. Can anyone confirm ?

Thunder_God
11-28-2010, 11:37 AM
It reads as "Simultaneous" to me. It lacks the Repulsion wording, say, of choosing the order.

I'd say they must all be within 3" of models that were there prior to the feat. In the end, I don't think there's anything for this to be drawn from, aside from the fact there's no reason for it not to be simultaneous.

Creaux
11-28-2010, 11:39 AM
"No reason it's not to" is dangerous ground for rules adjudication. This has been ruled on, anyway--As soon as the model is on the field, then other models can be placed next to it. The trick also works with Regrowth.

Thunder_God
11-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Got a link to the ruling?

Also, that's how rules work, in the end. Things work as they work until something different comes. It's exception-based design; if X works in Y manner, and Z is identical to X, it'd work in Y manner as well unless told otherwise.
The ground is indeed a bit thin here, but that doesn't change how things work, and the fact rulings often are not explanations, but the exceptions, on which the design of complex rule-sets are often founded (and a large part of why they are "complex").
/tangent.

Edit: Regrowth ruling (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?28699-morvahna-(regrowth)&highlight=regrowth).

vintersbastard
11-28-2010, 12:06 PM
As Regrowth was ruled to work sequentially, I see no cause why Walking Death should work differently.

By the way, the same should apply to Reanimator (eGoreshade) and Resurrection (High Reclaimer) when you bring back officers, then.

Blitzer
11-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Why wouldn't you be able to chain them? Nothing in the wording implies that you can't.

whats82
11-29-2010, 09:22 AM
It depend on the interpretation of wording on whether models have to be wtihin 3" of another model, whether that "another model" refer to existing ones or new ones being brought back.

NmoLvr
11-29-2010, 10:30 AM
The crux of the issue is whether they are placed simultaneously or sequentially.

I agree with vintersbastard in post #5.