PDA

View Full Version : Harlan Versh Question

buffaLoL
12-07-2010, 03:53 AM
I saw this character from battle colledge and i would like to get some clarifications :D

* Malleus - (Pistol - Magical) Average ranged weapon.
o Blessed - Malleus ignores effects that add to the target's ARM or DEF
o Multi-Fire - (★ Attack) On a successful hit with Malleus, Harlan can immediately make one additional attack with Malleus targeting the last target hit or another target within 2" of the previous target ignoring ROF. Harlan is limited to four attacks during his activations as a result of Multi-Fire.
o Purgation - add one additional die to attack and damage rolls using Malleus against targets with an enemy upkeep spell on them.

* Sword - (Magical) Typical melee weapon you find on other models with ranged attacks as their primary weapon, except for the addition of the bonuses matching his pistol.
o Blessed - see above
o Purgation - see above
Witch Hunter - Harlan can immediately make a normal ranged attack against an enemy model that cast a spell within 10" of him.

1st Question:
Blessed: Does effect covers OVerboosting and spells?

2nd Question:
Witch Hunter and MultiFire: Does Multifire Trigger on Witchhunter affect?

3rdQuestion:
Purgation: Does Animus count as upkeep spell?

Hjelmen0
12-07-2010, 04:06 AM
1) You (or Battlecollege) have got Blessed wrong. Blessed ignores spell effects that add to DEF or ARM. Overboosting is not a spell, and therefore is not ignored by Blessed.
2) No, it does not. Multi-fire is not something that "triggers", it is a special attack that Harlan can make, and a model can only make special attacks during its activation.
3) No, it (generally) does not.

If an animus were to be released that is an upkeep, then that animus would have to be cast by a warlock to make it a spell. In other words, if the animus has a X in upkeep and is cast by a warlock, then Purgation would be in effect.

buffaLoL
12-07-2010, 04:13 AM
1) You (or Battlecollege) have got Blessed wrong. Blessed ignores spell effects that add to DEF or ARM. Overboosting is not a spell, and therefore is not ignored by Blessed.
2) No, it does not. Multi-fire is not something that "triggers", it is a special attack that Harlan can make, and a model can only make special attacks during its activation.
3) No, it (generally) does not.

If an animus were to be released that is an upkeep, then that animus would have to be cast by a warlock to make it a spell. In other words, if the animus has a X in upkeep and is cast by a warlock, then Purgation would be in effect.

ah thanks! so if a warlock cast an animus, then it would be an upkeep spell yea? thanks !

El Jefe
12-07-2010, 04:21 AM
ah thanks! so if a warlock cast an animus, then it would be an upkeep spell yea? thanks !
If a warlock casts an animus, it's a spell. It would only be an upkeep spell if it was an upkeepable animus.

Hjelmen0
12-07-2010, 04:25 AM
No, it would not automatically be an upkeep spell!

Any spell or animus has an "UP" statistic. If this statistic is "yes" then the animus or spell is an upkeep.
But, animi cast by a beast are not spells at all. An animus cast by a warlock, on the other hand, is a spell. Are you with me so far?
So, if the animus has a "yes" in its "UP" statistic, then it is an upkeep animus (if that is even a term :/ ). But only if it is cast by a warlock is it considered a spell!

So for Purgation to be in effect on an animus, then the animus must have a "yes" in its "UP" and be cast by a warlock.

Did that make sense?

Kenton
12-07-2010, 05:14 AM
Did that make sense?

Yes it did.

buffaLoL
12-07-2010, 06:10 AM
ah yes now. It means that if an animus have an UP tag on it, its an upkept Animus but if a warlock casted it and upkept it, then it is consider an upkeep spell yes? :D

Hjelmen0
12-07-2010, 06:14 AM
ah yes now. It means that if an animus have an UP tag on it, its an upkept Animus but if a warlock casted it and upkept it, then it is consider an upkeep spell yes? :D

Now you've got it :D An upkeep(able) animus cast by a warlock would be an upkeep spell!

I can understand the confusion ... the whole "it's an animus except when it isn't"-concept is a bit hard to wrap ones head around.

FearLord
12-07-2010, 11:03 AM

But keep in mind their are currently no animus which can be upkept...

buffaLoL
12-07-2010, 11:15 PM
hmm i think legion has one. the one that revive a warbeast

Alviaran
12-07-2010, 11:19 PM
I do not believe there is an animus that revives a warbeast. You are probably thinking of Saeryn's spell which does that. But it is not an animus in any way, shape or form.

buffaLoL
12-07-2010, 11:43 PM
so its an upkeep spell yea? i remembered my opponent kept on having it on his angelus

TheUnknownMercenary
12-08-2010, 07:39 AM
so its an upkeep spell yea? i remembered my opponent kept on having it on his angelus
You may be thinking of Respawn which is an upkeep spell.

buffaLoL
12-10-2010, 12:25 AM
yeap thats it! thanks :d