PDA

View Full Version : Bob and Wave question

mikelelele
12-07-2010, 09:40 AM
I don't know if this is the right forum for this thread but, I have a question regarding WG UA "Bob and Wave" order if I issue this order can my unit make a full advance earn +2 DEF and still have the opportunity of shooting?
or if I issue this order my unit will only make the full advance and earn +2 DEF and I have to forfeit my attack action?

Thank you!

Vinter_Raelthorne
12-07-2010, 09:45 AM
You can't still shoot.

You cannot, however, charge.

mikelelele
12-07-2010, 09:49 AM
So I can't attack or shot if I issue this order, right?

mongre36
12-07-2010, 10:03 AM
The Bob and Weave order does not prevent you from attacking.

- Activate Unit
- Leader gives Bob and Weave order
- Models in unit make a normal advance
- Models in unit make an attack, either melee or ranged as appropriate

The only thing that the Bob and Weave order prevents is other orders, like the Run or Charge order.

JTY
12-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Vinter made a typo I believe.

You CAN still shoot: shooting is a combat action and does not require an Order. Models in the unit can make CRA's as well as no order is required and it is not a *action, rather CRA is an ability.

You CANNOT Bob & Weave and Charge: both are orders and a unit can only recieve one order per turn. Similarly they could not Bob & Weave and Run as running is an order for a unit.

Consider also that Iron Flesh upkept on the unit prevents Charging as it reduces SPD.
So for WG Inf to charge they do so at their base DEF, with no Bob & Weave order and Iron Flesh allowed to expire.

Hope that helps.

mikelelele
12-07-2010, 10:04 AM
ok, so it is better than I thought!
great!

Vinter_Raelthorne
12-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Omg, yes I did. I'm so sorry for prolonging the confusion. YES YOU CAN SHOOT! =)

Pyrodude32
12-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Without Bob and Weave my entire 10 man unit would have been dead in 2 turns in the last game that I played. With Bob and Weave I only lost one guy. Literally he kept missing by one and two the entire time. Also he was using some stealthed targets, the spray that the Standard Bearer grants is awesome!

Pickles
12-07-2010, 02:01 PM
The Bob and Weave order does not prevent you from attacking.

- Activate Unit
- Leader gives Bob and Weave order
- Models in unit make a normal advance
- Models in unit make an attack, either melee or ranged as appropriate

The only thing that the Bob and Weave order prevents is other orders, like the Run or Charge order.

Because the unit has to advance it cannot sacrifice movement to aim so bobbing & weaving also indirectly prevents this, which is implicit in what you said. I thought I ought to point it out as I used to play it wrong myself ;)

mongre36
12-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Yes, the models in unit make a normal advance is not option in my 4 steps if that was not clear. Since the models made a normal advance that therefor precludes aiming bonus. That is why you have Joe though. :)

Si11y Putty
12-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Because the unit has to advance it cannot sacrifice movement to aim so bobbing & weaving also indirectly prevents this, which is implicit in what you said. I thought I ought to point it out as I used to play it wrong myself ;)

Yeah, I had this pointed out to me once, but It really doesn't matter as you can just spray anything and everything with boosted rat 5's. I had all but two men engaged by burrowers (man I hate them) but with all the boosted sprays I was able to produce, ALL BUT 1 were able to make their spray, the last guy had to melee the burrower engaging him, still boosted :)

buffaLoL
12-07-2010, 11:33 PM
let me just ninja it in here. If u have rocketeers inside, can u do combine range attack while ur rocketeers use their rocket at another target?

JTY
12-08-2010, 02:57 AM
Nope, you can't CRA with the rockets.

Their extra range and 3'' template normally catches people out, and that's why you take them.
Remember that they do have blunderbusses as well, so can join in on an ordinary CRA if they forfeit using the rocket.

MrChom
12-08-2010, 04:21 AM
Just to add to that.... The regular squad members can CRA and the rocketeers can fire their rockets as normal if they do not join the CRA as that seemed to be something that was questioned (Those rockets make the squad absolutely LETHAL to my mind).

mikelelele
12-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Yestaerday I played against Cygnar and Cryx (a three all vs all mayhem) the WG was great, with 17 DEF (B&W + IF) sprays attacks and 2 rocketeers they really shone, keeping at bay some Bane Thralls and hunting down some long gunners. Just amazing!, I've been playing kadhor for a year now and I didn't know that the WG was able to being a great tool box. Shame on me for not getting this guys earlier.