PDA

View Full Version : Dispelling self or target animi that don't affect the "Self" model (e.g. Woldwarden)

HenryWard
12-07-2010, 04:21 PM
I had an interesting question come up in a game back in November that I'm now remembering to follow up on:

If epic Eiryss shoots a Woldwarden with its animus up, what happens? My case was that the animus gets dispelled, since although the animus doesn't directly affect the Warden in any way, it's still targeted at the Warden. The counter argument was that the effect isn't actually "on" the Warden in any way, there's nothing on the Warden to dispel.

Thoughts? Rulings? Thanks!

Iff
12-08-2010, 12:47 AM
The range of the animus is "Self", so the animus is 'on' the Woldwarden. It would be removed by an attack from epic Eiryss.

vintersbastard
12-08-2010, 02:45 AM
The range of the animus is "Self", so the animus is 'on' the Woldwarden. It would be removed by an attack from epic Eiryss.

While the target is self, the effect does not stay on the model. There's nothing to dispel there.

blue loki
12-08-2010, 04:50 AM
Correct, there is nothing to dispel.

The animus is momentary, the template it creates is lingering but is no longer attached to the target.
The same goes for Druid Vortex clouds and other terrain creating spells, like walls of stone.