PDA

View Full Version : Cygnar rules questions

Rengrave
12-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Can thunder head use his star attack, while he is engaged by an enemy? Because it's an attack with his ranged weapon.

After Thunderhead hits a model/models with his star attack, will those models be eligable for sustained attack? Can thunder head auto hit then buy additional attacks that autohit?

If I hit a target with a ranged attack while magic bullet is active on said model, can the model hit be the target of the 12 hit as well?

Aetou
12-07-2010, 08:05 PM
As it's a ranged weapon he can't use the *Attack while engaged.

Yes, models hit with the pulse can be hit with additional attacks from the coils which automatically hit the LAST model hit. To benefit from sustained attack you need to resolve the pulse attack against the future target last and only one model can receive such auto-hitting followups from the pulse each turn.

Magic bullet is only normal ranged attacks, so it doesn't trigger off the pulse itself. It can, however, trigger off additional ranged attacks purchased with focus (I think, 90% sure that they are considered normal.) Magic Bullet has to be resolved against a model within 4" of the model hit with the normal attack - which cannot be the model hit itself (as it isn't within 4" of itself.)

Rengrave
12-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Why isnt it with in 4 of itself? my caster dose not benifet from feat that effect models with in my control range or spells for that matter?

The *attacked models are not hit symotanyously like thresher or blast?

Brandubh
12-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Why isnt it with in 4 of itself? my caster dose not benifet from feat that effect models with in my control range or spells for that matter?

In the rules under "measuring distances" says that unless the rule says otherwise, a model is never within x inches of itself. This doesn't apply to control range or command range, of course.

Think of it this way. If I have an attack that hits models "within 6" of this model" than any model that is between 0.00000000000...1" and 6" is hit. But the model making the attack is technically 0" from himself. So he's not within that distance.

But a command range and a control area are both circles with given radii. So anything within that circle is fair game.

The *attacked models are not hit symotanyously like thresher or blast?

They are simultaneous.

Corpazious
12-07-2010, 10:28 PM
As it's a ranged weapon he can't use the *Attack while engaged.

Energy Pulse doesn't make actual Ranged attacks though, so even though the ability is on a Ranged weapon, he can still use the Special Action unless I've read it wrong.
I believe the rule states that you specifically can't make ranged attacks while engaged.

FearLord
12-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Energy Pulse doesn't make actual Ranged attacks though, so even though the ability is on a Ranged weapon, he can still use the Special Action unless I've read it wrong.
I believe the rule states that you specifically can't make ranged attacks while engaged.

The pulse is a ranged attack. It is a *Special Attack of a ranged weapon, which makes it a ranged attack.

FearLord
12-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Yes, models hit with the pulse can be hit with additional attacks from the coils which automatically hit the LAST model hit. To benefit from sustained attack you need to resolve the pulse attack against the future target last and only one model can receive such auto-hitting followups from the pulse each turn.

It doesn't matter what order you resolve the attacks. All models hit by the pulse are considered the 'last model hit' for the purposes of sustained attack, but only one can be hit automatically and after that, the model hit by the next attack will be the 'last model hit'.