PDA

View Full Version : Placing with Venethrax

baronvonchaos
12-08-2010, 03:47 PM
I came across this scenario with a game between the Testament and Venethrax. On Ven's feat turn, he kills people and turns them into clouds. The rules state that models entering the cloud take damage, but models beginning their activation inside the cloud are not effected (again).

As I understand the rules, place effects do not count as moving or advancing. You simply are placed. Does this override the "entering the cloud" part or did we miss something. As I understand it: I couldn't move through the cloud and not take damage, I could move out of the cloud and not take damage, or I could stay in the cloud and not be damaged (again). So if I revived models in the cloud, they'd begin their activation in the cloud. Would that not exempt me from the damage? What am I missing?

Different Scenario: (the converse)
3 Cyclone's move up and drop covering fire on top of each other. 6 aoe 3's of death. 6 attack rolls. Can eHaley move up and Telekinesis a model into those areas to make them suffer the 6 pow 12's. Since the model was placed in it, it "entered" the area of effect. Is this correct?

vintersbastard
12-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Yes, placing is entering. Being put into play as well. See p. 64 of Prime.

Yes, those six AOEs are distinct from each other, so the model suffers six damage rolls.

baronvonchaos
12-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Ah, apparently I missed this paragraph. Thanks this answers a lot.

On the second note. heh heh, Brutal.

Thanks again, Vinters...