PDA

View Full Version : Soul tokens

AngraX
12-08-2010, 06:00 PM
How does soul token generation works?

Skorne: If, for example, a living model is destroyed and there are three other models that can collect the soul, who gets the soul? All 3, the closest, who I choose?

Also where can I find the rules about it? Because all it says in the model entry is that it gets a soul token for each living friendly model that is destroyed (in cmd range). It does not add any other restrictions.

Mod_Redphantasm
12-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Closest eligible model gets it.

Read Primal on souls and other tokens. All of this is covered.

TheUnknownMercenary
12-08-2010, 06:14 PM
The abilities on the cards will only give the rules that are not in the rulebook. This is why Stealth, Advance Deployment and such only have a symbol instead of text on the cards.
You want to check the Primal under Model Destruction and Tokens page 63:

If mulitple models are eligible to gain a specific token. the nearest eligible model gets the token.

AngraX
12-09-2010, 03:43 AM
Primal is the book for Hordes right? Where do I find it in Prime (Warmachine book)? I read the destroyed section and the only reference to soul tokens happens on page 67 and it says that removed from play does not generate one. The index in Prime lists that page as the only page for Token, Soul.

I'm surprised as Cryx also uses souls and it is a WM faction. Maybe I'm missing the rule somewhere?

Hjelmen0
12-09-2010, 03:51 AM
In Warmachine Prime Mk2, the relevant rules are (not entirely surprisingly) on page 63 under the heading Model destruction and tokens.