PDA

View Full Version : Hoof it

SoulReclaimer
12-09-2010, 08:27 PM
I had a game today where if I fail charge or run with a unit, that they don't benefit from Hoof It because the wording states "after all friendly models have ended their activation."

Their stance is that a failed charge or running ends the activation not the model.

Please clarify what is correct

Loki77515
12-09-2010, 08:45 PM
I had a game today where if I fail charge or run with a unit, that they don't benefit from Hoof It because the wording states "after all friendly models have ended their activation."

Their stance is that a failed charge or running ends the activation not the model.

It doesn't matter if a model ends its activation voluntarily or not. When it ends, it ends.

The Long Riders will benefit from Hoof It regardless of whether or not they failed the charge/slam or ran.

Mod_Redphantasm
12-09-2010, 10:45 PM

The All friendly models refers to your army, not the unit. As long as every model in your army has "ended its activation" it's time for Hoof it. Run, failed charge, doesnt matter, you still ended their activation.

SoulReclaimer
12-10-2010, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the fast replies as usual.

FerrusManus
12-10-2010, 02:49 PM
What may be confusing you is that some similar abilities (like Reform) triggers "After all models in this unit have completed their actions", which doesn't work on models who ran/failed charge since they don't get to begin their actions, much less finish them. "After all models completed their activation" abilities on the other hand works no matter whether you ran or not.