PDA

View Full Version : Can you feat or animus before you run?

Astos
12-11-2010, 04:50 PM
I am sure this question has been asked before, but the board won't let me search for the word "run".

Can you feat or animus or cast spells before you run? It seems clear from the rules that you can't do so after you run. But can you do so before, then run, then end your activation right after the run?

Thanks! Sorry for what I'm sure is a repeat question -- I really did try the search feature! Run is "too short or too common". :(. And I couldn't find a FAQ.

dicegod
12-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Check the rules for running in the rule book. It says what you cannot do before a run on pg46 of primal.

You cannot feat and then run.
You cannot cast a spell and then run.
You may use your animus if you are a beast and then run.

TheUnknownMercenary
12-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Check the rules for running in the rule book. It says what you cannot do before a run on pg46 of primal.

You cannot feat and then run.
You cannot cast a spell and then run.
You may use your animus if you are a beast and then run.

The first two are correct but the last one about the animus is wrong.
Primal 74:

A warbeast cannot use its animus during an activation it runs.

Astos
12-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks. And I had read the rule. I was confused by the factfhat it said you couldn't use the animus on an activation you run, but didn't say you could not run after using an animus. I was apparently assigning too much significance to that, which is why I asked to be sure! Thanks for the help.

TheUnknownMercenary
12-11-2010, 09:28 PM
The wording tells you that if you choose to run for your activation, then you cannot do any of the things that running will not let you do, like spells, feats, actions, animii, etc.. This means you cannot do those things before or after running.

Astos
12-12-2010, 06:23 AM
Perfect, thank you very much for the help.

Ultimate
12-14-2010, 09:14 AM
You can do stuff that says "Anytime during your activation" that doesn't require an Action however.

Like many mini-feats and some mercenary solos.

petegrrrr
12-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Yes, but only before you run.

You cannot for example run a Basher and the Flak Field afterwards, but you can Flak Field and then run. Just for clarity's sake.