PDA

View Full Version : Assault and Battery

Masanori
12-30-2010, 08:05 PM
I can't find anything regarding this so just want some sorta confirmation

Assault and Battery rule says
Before their normal movement, affected models can make one ranged attack. during their normal movement, affected models must charge or run. The ranged attack is made before declaring a charge target.

page 56, of the core rule does say that, a model that is engaged cannot make a ranged attack.

I'm always more of a RAW, person, in which case I would say that, nothing in Assault and Battery says that a model affected cannot shoot the model he is engaged with and than charge/run. However obviously nothing in Assault and Battery order suggests that it supersedes the general rule about engaged models being unable to make ranged attacks.

In some ways my feeling is that they cannot shoot while engaged, especially since there is the whole new rule/tactic of point blank or gunfighters at the moment, but just want confirmation of the fact that,

The Idrians cannot under the Assault and Battery rule, shoot while engaged in melee. Thanx!

rydiafan
12-30-2010, 09:36 PM
As you stated, nothing in Assault and Battery indicates that you should ignore the "no ranged attacks while in melee" rule.