PDA

View Full Version : Multiple attacks, and direction.

Ansgar
12-31-2010, 12:05 AM
In a recent game, an opponent used Assault Kommandos to vicious effect against my infantry because of their multiple attacks. In many instances, he placed a kommando directly between two of my models, so as to allow the kommando to kill one with its first attack, and then turn 180degrees to kill the model on its other side.

My questions are as follows:
1) Are you required to directly face your opponent for a melee attack?
2) If so, is doing so part of the attack action itself, or a condition which you must make clear during movement in order to attack?
3) Are you allowed to declare attacks against models outside of your front arc, if you then turn to face them?

SpellBinder
12-31-2010, 12:32 AM
1: No.
2: I believe it takes movement for turning to face your attacker (at least that's how I've always done this, but typically to try and deny back attacks).
3: No as I believe you must turn to face the target as part of the model's movement before you begin your combat actions; regardless you cannot target something that is outside LOS, and outside of the front arc is outside of LOS. Catch on this is that once you start your combat actions you typically cannot perform any movement related actions, barring some special rules. Typically you cannot attack, turn to face, and attack another.

RorinTh
12-31-2010, 02:44 AM
IF he didnt have both models in his 180 degree front arc before making any attacks he was not following the rules. But if there is less then 2" between 2 of your models then you opponent want have a problem to places his model so both of yours are in his front arc, which makes it possible to attack both of them. Altough on a charge you have to face directly towards your charge target when the move is finnished and then it might be harder to get both models in the front arc.

Masanori
12-31-2010, 03:55 AM
Well yer opponent is not allowed to turn after his movement. Basically if he charges, a model, turning to that he is facing the charge model directly, does his 1st attack, and there is another enemy model within 1/2 inch and in the front arc, then there is a target for the 2nd attack. However there is no movement involved except for the movement in the initial charge. (unless there is a special rule/action for the unit. which the assault kommandos don't)