PDA

View Full Version : PCaine feat requried attacks?

Halfhoot
01-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Lieutenant Caine's feat says "Caine makes an attack" against every enemy in his control area. Is he required to attack every single enemy or can he choose to not attack one. For instance if someone is in melee with a bunch of your own guys are you forced to make the attack and thus probably miss and possibly hit your own guys or can you just say you choose not to make that particular attack?

The wording says as above... it doesn't say must but it also doesn't say may or can.

edit: required... typed too fast ><

Mod_Redphantasm
01-06-2011, 09:09 AM
It doesn't say must, but it does say he makes an attack against every model. There doesn't seem to be any room for optionis or "don't shoot that". Without "may" or "can" the attacks are not optional. Caine must make all possible attacks.

Halfhoot
01-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Yea I've never played it that way until someone pointed it out and got me to thinking... I always just said, "nah I won't take an attack on him"... strange that it is a requirement. I wonder if that is what they intended or not... not that intent matters really. It's just that most requirements use the word must.

Aetou
01-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Yep, without 'may' it isn't optional - which means that sometimes you may want to hold off on the feat (lots of enemies in melee, with vengeance or similar abiltiies, etc.)

Mod_Redphantasm
01-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Yea I've never played it that way until someone pointed it out and got me to thinking... I always just said, "nah I won't take an attack on him"... strange that it is a requirement. I wonder if that is what they intended or not... not that intent matters really. It's just that most requirements use the word must.

Many requirements do, but not all. His feat actually works similar in this regard to other feats such as Feora's, the Harbinger's and the Old Witche's, models that meet the condition take the damage, even when doing so would be tactically foolish.