PDA

View Full Version : Hellfire vs fearless

Tha42
01-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Hellfire-A model/unit hit by Hellfire must pass a command check or flee.

Would a model/unit with fearless have to make the roll?

FerrusManus
01-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Hellfire-A model/unit hit by Hellfire must pass a command check or flee.

Would a model/unit with fearless have to make the roll?

No, since :Fearless: models automatically pass all command checks against fleeing (Prime MkII pg85). That's kinda the point of Fearless.

Mod_Redphantasm
01-06-2011, 12:26 PM
:Fearless:Fearless ? This model never flees (p. 85). All warcaster models have this advantage.
A model with fearless would still have to make the roll, but nothing would happen should they fail.

Mod_Redphantasm
01-06-2011, 12:31 PM
@Ferrus - It's not that they automatically pass, it's just that they never flee.

FerrusManus
01-06-2011, 12:35 PM
@Ferrus - It's not that they automatically pass, it's just that they never flee.
In pg 85 it says that they automatically pass them:

A model with the Fearless :Fearless: advantage never flees and automatically passes command checks against fleeing. It still makes other command checks as normal. Fleeing models that become Fearless immediately rally.
And in pg 34 it's say nothing about having to take the test:

:Fearless: Fearless – This model never flees (p. 85). All warcaster models have this advantage.
Well it's not like it changes everything. The answer to OP question in the same anyway. Your quote may come from some slightly outdated field test .pdf maybe?

Mod_Redphantasm
01-06-2011, 02:04 PM
True, question is set, I just didn't check pg 85.

No my quote was from the book, the second line was all me, just needs another space.