PDA

View Full Version : Free strike + knockdown

Maro
01-07-2011, 11:59 PM
So I was playing a match today and my friend moved his caster away from my Satyxis Sea Witch, and it got me thinking, what would have happened if it was just a Satyxis Raider that had the critical knockdown ability and actually got the critical hit? Would the model get knocked down at the area where he left combat or would he get knocked down where he moved?

Funny enough I actually did roll a critical hit.

Shadowspite
01-08-2011, 12:23 AM
free strikes are taken when the model is just barely leaving the melee range of another model, so if that free strike knocks down/Stationaries or some other effect to movement, the model hit suffers the effect right outside melee, so in this case, the caster would be knocked down just outside of 2" away from the Satyxis. (or where ever he left melee from)

Askew37
01-08-2011, 12:42 AM
He would be knocked down at the exact spot he left your melee range (2" away). Once knocked down in the middle of his/her activation, the model's activation would end.

Bladestorm
01-09-2011, 05:29 PM
I believe it is the last instant that it is still in melee range, where it would be out if it moved fractionally further as otherwise you could not make the attack due to it being out of range ?

Weaselcreature
01-10-2011, 08:14 AM
I believe it is the last instant that it is still in melee range, where it would be out if it moved fractionally further as otherwise you could not make the attack due to it being out of range ?

Correct; it is as Askew said. The attack happens at max melee range (exactly 0.5" or 2.0" depending on melee range).

Macallan
01-11-2011, 02:01 PM
This one is correct.

Maro, you may want to check the rules. They are clear on this one.