PDA

View Full Version : Destroying Terrain

Snoitpo
01-08-2011, 02:39 AM
I am aware that the general rule of thumb in the game is that if the rules don't say you can do it then you can't do it. However, I was curious if there was any sort of rules president for destroying terrain as opposed to destroying structures. I imagine it would take a lot of explosives to level a mountain and thus blowing away a cliff would be impractical in this game. However, I think more to forests with this question.

Is there ANY sort of ruling about destroying forests?

Example: I don't want to run Khadorian heavies and Man-o-Wars through 8 inches of forest cover that conceals a pair of enemy artillery that ignore LOS. I decide it would be more efficient to simply destroy the trees in my way (thinking creatively of course) by firing into it with the POW 14 guns, which is the minimum POW required for a ranged weapon to damage structures.

Since I have a feeling I already have the answer to the question I will also pose another.

Would anyone mind forest being turned into dangerous terrain?

Example: A Menoth jack sets the forest on fire with his template weapon, anything entering or ending its activation through the forest takes a POW 14 damage roll and on a roll of 1 or 2 becomes on fire?

vintersbastard
01-08-2011, 03:57 AM
There are no rules for destroying terrain pieces except structures. But nothing prevents you from creating some.

Malkav13
01-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Officially there is nothing in the rules for destroying terrain. However if you wanted to try making a house rule for it, I would recommend using the stats for structures to help provide an idea of the Armor and Wounds of the forest. You could treat it as if it were a large wooden structure.

Snoitpo
01-09-2011, 08:32 PM
I had a feeling this would be the case.

Does anyone have any previous house rulings from an LGS or anywhere that might inspire me to have included in a scenario.

TheUnknownMercenary
01-09-2011, 09:44 PM
I had a feeling this would be the case.

Does anyone have any previous house rulings from an LGS or anywhere that might inspire me to have included in a scenario.

Try asking the in General Forums sections.