PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Before Christmas Frankenstein Foodmachine III 11-28-09 noon at RIW

paradox
11-24-2009, 05:25 PM
The Nightmare Before Christmas Frankenstein Food Machine is a chairty event. The canned goods collected at this event will be donated to a local chairty chosen by RIW Hobbies.
Saturday November 28th at RIW Hobbies in Livonia
Registration starts at 11am. Dice roll at noon.
ALL DONATIONS GO TO GLEANERS FOOD BANK
666pt "Frankenstein" "Food Machine" Tournament
1 list only. Please see Frankenstein rules below for list construction.
Entry fee is ten (10) canned goods! Lunch will be provided for you.
Complete the scenario and/or annihilate the enemy completely to claim victory!
FOODMACHINE
The Harvest (http://harvest.gamestlouis.com/) Thralls came up with a great idea to help their fellow man who is less fortunate while also having fun! The idea was simply too good to pass on, so I laid the Foodmachine rules on top of an already crazy event! I expect that this day will be one of infamy, so dont miss out!
Anyway, it works like this:
?Breaking the Rules?
At any point during a game, a player may donate a canned good to create an in-game
effect. These canned goods are in addition to any canned goods that were donated for the
registration fee, so be certain to bring plenty of canned goods so you can break plenty of
rules. The following are the in-game effects that are generated by extra donations:
You may donate a canned good to:
1. Re-roll 1 of your dice. Each subsequent time you break this rule, whether for it?s for
the same die or a different die, the cost to break this rule doubles. For example the 1st
re-roll=1 can, 2nd re-roll=2 cans, 3rd re-roll=4 cans, 4th re-roll=8 cans. The cost resets
back to 1 can at the start of your next turn. You cannot re-roll the ?deploy first, go
first? roll.
2. Force your opponent to re-roll 1 of his/her dice. Each subsequent time you break this
rule, whether for it?s for the same die or a different die, the cost to break this rule
doubles. See Rule #1 for an example. The cost resets back to 1 can at the start of
your opponent?s next turn. You cannot force a re-roll your opponent?s ?deploy first,
go first? roll.
3. Give your warcaster/warlock an extra focus/fury point. You may only break this rule
once per round. This may be in excess of their focus/fury stat, but does not change
the stat itself. Your warcaster/warlock receives this focus even if other effects do not
normally allow him focus/fury points, such as Severius? feat or Eiryss? disruptor bolt.
4. Remove 1 fury from one of your warbeasts. This fury does not go to your warlock, it
simply disappears. You may only break this rule once per round.
5. Measure the distance between any 2 models on the board at any time.
You may donate 3 cans to:
6. Generate 1 power attack that is not a charge without the usual penalties of ?-2 for a
smaller/equal sized target, -4 for a larger target?. It does not cost a focus/fury to
perform the power attack. Each subsequent time you break this rule, the cost to break
this rule doubles. See Rule #1 for an example. The cost resets back to 3 cans at the
start of your next turn.
7. Have a warjack with 2 open fists perform a Rend power attack. See Hordes: Primal
for the ruling on ?Rend?.
8. Move a single terrain piece 5? in any direction before the game starts. Do this before
seeing your opponents list. You may only break this rule once per game.
You may donate 10 cans to:
9. If you win the ?who deploys first and goes first? roll, you may deploy second and go
first. You may break this rule once per tournament.
10. Force your opponent to make one of his advance deployment units non-advance
deploy. You may only break this rule once per game. Decide this after seeing your
opponent?s list but before you roll for the ?who deploys first and goes first? roll
the rules and a printable "cheat sheet" for this can be found HERE[/url (http://harvest.gamestlouis.com/downloads/thrall-harvest-packet.pdf)] (page 10 of the PDF)
FRANKENSTEIN RULES
Each player may bring just one 666-point army lists. An army list may have as few as 606 points and as many as 666 points.
Army lists will not be limited by faction, and models from Warmachine and Hordes may be freely mixed even within the same army list. Epic warcasters may be used despite the lower point total, and some special FA rules apply (in addition to special army-building rules).
[1] All warcasters gain the Fury manipulation ability, and all warlocks gain the Focus manipulation ability. After leeching Fury/Focus for the turn, a warcaster/warlock gains Furcus up to his/her maximum based on the current Furcus stat of the warcastlock. Warcasters may cast animi as spells just like Warlocks can. [The Journeyman warcaster does become a Journeyman warcastlock.]
[2] Friendly warbeasts are considered to be a part of a warcaster%s battlegroup, and friendly warjacks are considered to be a part of a warlock%s horde. (A warbeast is not considered to be a warjack, however, or vice versa.)
[3] Only warcasters may overboost their power field. Only warlocks my transfer damage (and transfer only works on warbeasts per Primal page 55).
[4] If a warcastlock is destroyed or removed from play, all warjacks and warbeasts under their control become autonomous per the rules in WARMACHINE: Escalation as opposed to becoming inert and/or wild.
[5] Everything, yes EVERYTHING will have FA:C for the purposes of building these Frankentstein army lists.
[6] Replace all instances of the words "friendly [faction]" with just the word "friendly." For example, "friendly Cygnar warjacks" becomes "friendly warjacks" or "target Circle warrior model/unit" becomes "target warrior model/unit." Things still affect the same type of model(s), but faction lines are blurred and broken.
NEW RULE ADDED: The Dice Hate Rule: During this event, your opponent will make all your dice roles for you, and you?ll make all your opponents dice rolls for him.
All models must be fully assembled and all conversions are subject to approval. If you are uncertain about a particular model, you may wish to bring (or borrow) a stock model just to be on the safe side. There is no painting requirement for this event.
Players are encouraged to build fun, diverse army lists. The charity cause is more important than breaking the format. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.

Prizes for: "Most Blood Spilled in a Single Evening" (Most Canned Goods Used For A Single Re-roll), "Mad Scientist" (list construction prize in lieu of best painted, see details below), "Frankenstein" (Most Canned Goods Donated ).
Please note the change in prize structure from last year
-Mad Scientist: The Mad Scientist prize goes to the player whose list scores the most Mad Scientist points. You earn Mad scientist points by including at least 60 points of a given faction in your list. For example, if your list consisted of at least 60pts each of Cygnar, Trollbloods and Mercs, you would earn 3 Mad Scientist points. You can only earn one (1) point per faction included, no matter how many points you spend in that faction.
If you have at least 60pts of all ten factions (Cygnar, Menoth, Khador, Cryx, Retribution, Mercs, Trollbloods, Circle, Skorne, Legion), you can earn an 11th point by including any selection of Minions worth any point value.
In the event of a tie, I will decide the winner based on list composition.

Minimum 5 players, maximum 24 (due to room constraints).
Come Out and Experience the Best in Table-Top Gaming!
RIW Hobbies
29116 Five Mile Rd.
Livonia, MI 48154
734-261-7233
Pam@riwhobbies.net
Monday - Thursday: 12 noon - 9pm
Friday - Saturday: 12 noon - 10pm
Sunday: 12 Noon - 6pm
RIW ([URL]http://www.riwhobbies.net/index.php) Hobbies
Directions[/url ([URL]http://www.riwhobbies.net/directions.php)]

Spinballwizard
11-25-2009, 03:48 AM
Re-posting my borrow list as I will be there Saturday...

Squire (90% sure I have access to one though)
Revenger (dox I think you said you could spare one?)
Deathjack
Strangewayes (see Squire)
Journeyman
Wrack (I had 5 points left over, why not?)

paradox
11-25-2009, 03:09 PM
I have plenty of wracks.

paradox
11-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Our out of state friend, Invader Larb, is looking to borrow the following for saturday. If anyone can cover these models, please post! Much appreciated!

eButcher
Woldwatcher
Nephalim Soldier
Warmongers (5)
War Chief

Hollywoodxxl
11-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Our out of state friend, Invader Larb, is looking to borrow the following for saturday. If anyone can cover these models, please post! Much appreciated!

eButcher
Woldwatcher
Nephalim Soldier
Warmongers (5)
War Chief

Ooooh vigilance on eButch NICE! the good news is I can provide the model for your friend Dox, the bad news is I cant provide myself :( I swear this day is cursed for gaming in my world. I really wanted to win the most cans!! If you can swing by my house I will gladly let you borrow him. Sorry I cant make it. Family stuff

Spinballwizard
11-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Otherwise, I'm bringing all my stuff, which does include eButcher and a Woldwatcher.

Invader Larb
11-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the help with miniatures guys. I'm running an Ogrun theme list tat should be a little crazy.

I look forward to some fun games tomorrow.

- IL

paradox
11-27-2009, 09:12 PM
I have a possible lead for the nephelim, mongers and chieftan for ya. But he has to make it first!

Spinballwizard
11-28-2009, 06:36 AM
Last I checked Jake wasn't missing this.

Any leads on the possibility of me borrowing a Deathjack? I think I've got everything else set. (Might still need the JWC depending on if I stop somewhere or not.)

paradox
11-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks to Larb, Spinball, Fluffy and Buckles for making it out to play. With such a small turn out we did a round robin but called it early.

Larb won the Frankenstein award for most cans donated at 37. He got $25 in store credit.

Spinball got the Mad Scientist award for list construction with 6pts of 10.
He also won the Most Blood Spilled in a Single Evening award for spending 12 cans on a single re-roll. Both prizes were $10 in credit for a total of $20.

Everyone got lunch too.

I snapped some pics which I will post later.

Total canned goods raised: 236.

edit: to note that I think this is the shortest results post I've ever made for an event!

Spinballwizard
11-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Had to swap the Deathjack for a Woldwarden and Gudrun though. Which actually worked out better for me as far as games though. Plus, the ability to fire off 4 fully-boosted Chain Blasts in one turn is just amazing (feat + Squire focus + Warden casting). Unfortunately I couldn't get through armor first round and had to burn those 12 cans to prevent Gudrun from hitting Rahn for dice of damage (which didn't work, and I ran out of cans doing so).

Monte_kev
11-29-2009, 07:49 AM
wow...236. I think that was what the highest donated was one year....yikes.

maybe bad weekend for it? who knows.

paradox
11-29-2009, 01:04 PM
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs028.snc3/11559_1161144554980_1418799169_30389712_766633_n.j pg

Some of the donations.

paradox
11-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Larb vs Spinball round one

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs028.snc3/11559_1161145915014_1418799169_30389718_2290074_n. jpg

paradox
11-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Buckley vs Fluffy round onehttp://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs028.snc3/11559_1161146475028_1418799169_30389719_5418943_n. jpg

paradox
11-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Fluffy vs Larb round 2
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs008.snc3/11559_1161147995066_1418799169_30389721_3012836_n. jpg

Invader Larb
12-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Thats for a great day of games guys. I had a lot of fun. Hopefully the next time I'm in town more folks will be able to show up. The holidays are always kind of tough though.

Thanks again for the loan of eButcher and the Woldwatcher.

paradox
12-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Larb, it was a pleasure to have ya, as always. Hope you enjoyed our game after. Borka is pretty solid right now, and the KD effect was pretty brutal. Had you realized his feat a round earlier, I'm sure you would have squished me good!

Invader Larb
12-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Yup, that was an idea time to use his feat, and I didn't.

He worked pretty well, but still seems to have a mixed message. His Mosh Pit wants troops but his feat is all about power attack warbeasts. I need to try him with some of the elemental trolls.

On the other hand a *Thresher with Reach that does auto-knockdown sounds fun too. Maybe I'll take him out with the new Axer tonight.

Spinballwizard
12-03-2009, 01:46 PM
You're welcome re: Woldwatcher/eButcher.

Axer seems like an auto-include with mk2Borka. If you can line them up right, Impalers and Mulg can do wonders since they can cause collateral damage without the power attack. Plus they're all reach beasts which makes them work wonders for Mosh Pit.

Borka does seem to beg a balanced list, but really 10 Fennblades are probably enough; with their reach they can threaten a lot, opening up shooting lanes for Impalers or the much-improved Blitzer (I say this because it doesn't say he can't boost pyg shots now). Running him beast-heavy can be dangerous what with his 5 fury and no management, but could work.

Also, for anyone curious, my list was:
Adeptis Rahn
-Revenger
-Squire
Woldwarden
House Shyeel Battle Mages
Druids of Orboros
-Druid Overseer
Greylord Ternion
Koldun Lord
Journeyman Warcaster
Captain Arlan Strangewayes
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
Wrack

Mad Scientist for Retribution (Rahn, Battle Mages), Cygnar (Squire, JWC, Arlan), Circle (Warden, Druids), Khador (Greylords, Koldun), Protectorate (Revenger, Wrack), and Mercenaries (Eiryss, Gudrun)

Invader Larb
12-03-2009, 01:53 PM
All good points...

Borka may still need some fine tuning betwen the current version and final version.