PDA

View Full Version : Melee and ranged attacks

Weezing
01-17-2011, 01:32 AM
With a unit that has a ranged and melee weapon, can i have some models do ranged attacks and others do melee, and what page is it on?

Riker1990
01-17-2011, 01:44 AM
You can, because each model has it's own action to execute. Unfortunately I can't give you the exact phase, but it sure will be in the unit chapter, propably somewhere in unit activation section.

Picklechu
01-17-2011, 03:18 AM
Correct: if you are not issuing an order (which will obviously say what the unit does that activation), each model gets to advance and make an action. Some models could advance into melee and make their basic melee attacks. Some others could forfeit their move and make ranged attacks, claiming the aiming bonus. Remember to do all the movements, then all the actions.

TheUnknownMercenary
01-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Page 42:

...each trooper can then make its action one trooper at a time.
Page 48:

There are two broads action types: combat and special action. A comabt action lets a model make one or more attacks.
Page 48:

A model making a combat action chooses one of the following options: (the rest is the condensed version of the book)

Make a normal melee attack with each of its melee weapons.
Make a normal ranged attack with each of its ranged weapons.
Make one special attack allowed by its special rules
A model that did not charge, can make a Power Attack.
Each model chooses it's own action unles the unit is given an order in which case the models may or may not have to follow the order, which depends of the order given.

NIK2286
01-17-2011, 12:35 PM
So you can theoretically make melee attacks with say, 2 troopers in a long gunner squad, and then combo ranged with the rest. Am I correct in this assumption?

FearLord
01-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Yes, that would be fine.