PDA

View Full Version : does a feat count as an attack?

cllone464
01-17-2011, 09:10 AM
so harbinger poped her feat then vindictus poped his and moved everything up and the player said that would kill harbringer now does a feat that deals damage count as an attack and would the caster be considered the attacking model?

Halfhoot
01-17-2011, 09:15 AM
I would say it depends on the wording of a feat as to whether is it considered an attack or not. For instance.. pCaine's feat specifically says "make a ranged attack against..." which would most certainly be an attack... but then you see pNemo's feat where it just causes damage rolls... which I don't believe would be considered an attack. I could be wrong... but what is the exact wording of Harbringer's feat?

Valander
01-17-2011, 09:16 AM
A feat is a feat, not an attack. If a feat says it causes damage, it's usually direct damage; though some feats (like Caine's) allow them to make a bunch of attacks--in which case, damage is from an attack, not a feat.

In particular, Harbinger's feat says advancing models suffer a fire damage roll. It is, therefore, not damage from an enemy attack, which is what triggers Vindictus' feat.