PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Arkadius' "Psycho Surgery"

NIK2286
01-18-2011, 06:52 AM
We have a debate going in the Minions forum about whether EACH model rules for Dr. Arkadius' healing spell, or if you make ONE roll and then EACH model heals that much.

Looking for Macallan to back me up on the "EACH model rolls" version.....but I guess we'll see!

NIK2286
01-18-2011, 06:53 AM
And for those of you who want to speculate:

Psycho Surgery: "Each model in this model's battlegroup currently in its control area immediately heals d3+1 damage points. This spell can only be cast once per turn"

Nickster
01-18-2011, 07:13 AM
I say one roll to rule them all.

Tamwulf
01-18-2011, 07:28 AM
This exact same question (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?49046-Psycho-surgery) is five topics below this one.

My inclination is to roll separately for each model. Spell effects that make one roll and affect multiple targets state "make a <insert type of roll here> against all models in the <insert area of effect here>". However, I'm wrong about 99% of the time when it comes to rules like this, so I expect Mac or one of the other Infernals to step in and say "It's one die roll". :rolleyes: :p

rydiafan
01-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Effects where the same value is applied to all affected models tell you to determine the value before applying it to the models, like Quake on the Ironclad and Gorten's feat. This is worded more along the lines of Iron Lich Asphyxious's feat or Thresher, where the rolls are done individually.

NIK2286
01-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Effects where the same value is applied to all affected models tell you to determine the value before applying it to the models, like Quake on the Ironclad and Gorten's feat. This is worded more along the lines of Iron Lich Asphyxious's feat or Thresher, where the rolls are done individually.

This was my feeling as well

jking_3rd
01-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Sounds to me as if it is suggesting a single roll applied to every Battlegroup model applicable in its CTRL area. (+)

Rather than individual rolls of D3+1 for each model. (-)

But I can see the wording confusion you mention.

MagnustheJust
01-19-2011, 09:07 AM
Oh mighty Infernals, we seek your wisdom in this matter!! The required sacrifice has been left at the proper location...

Please oh benevolent Dark Ones, grant us insight into your wisdom!!!

{In other words Mack... Answer the &#@&%$# question!?!?!?!}

TheUnknownMercenary
01-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Critical Devastation from the Mule:

...each model in the AOE is thrown d6" directly away...
Psycho Surgery from Dr. Arkadius:

Each model in this model's... heals d3 + 1 damage points.
Both abilities are worded the same. Both abilities require a new roll for each model affected.

thag-rush
01-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I'm not really seeing the glitch here. It says Each so that's an independent roll for each model, if it was one encompassing roll surely it would have said Every.

MagnustheJust
01-19-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm in the same boat with you both there, UnknownMerc & Thag-rush.

It's a little over half of the pool that is confused about this...

NIK2286
01-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Yeah, I'm not really seeing the glitch here. It says Each so that's an independent roll for each model, if it was one encompassing roll surely it would have said Every.

My thoughts too