PDA

View Full Version : Saeryn's Feat

quindraco
01-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Saeryn (a Legion warcaster) has this feat:

While within her control area, models in Saeryn's battlegroup cannot be targeted by melee attacks for one round.

Saeryn is obviously in her own battlegroup. I am assured by a reliable source that, on her feat turn, Saeryn cannot be declared a charge target.

I am fully aware that if declaring a charge target constitutes declaring a melee attack target, this means you cannot declare her as a charge target.

So, my question(s):
1) Is my source correct? I've never seen him be wrong before.
2) Assuming he is, could someone please guide me to where in Prime it says that declaring a charge target is equivalent to declaring a melee attack target?
3) In the unlikely event he is incorrect, I presented my above reasoning, and he assured me I was wrong, although he could not quote me page numbers off the top of his head. Could someone help provide me with a more robust explanation as to why he is incorrect?

EDIT: I did some research on the boards. RedPhantasm is of the opinion that my source is wrong and I am right (Valander agrees):
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?40724-Saeryn-feat-question&highlight=saeryn+feat

I've yet to see RP be wrong, either. My source is a veteran Press Ganger, though, and I am disinclined towards blind faith in anybody, so my question stands, if anyone super knowledgable wouldn't mind weighing in!

TheUnknownMercenary
01-22-2011, 08:10 PM
A warlock is part of it's battlegroup Primal 39

A warlock and his assigned warbeasts are collectively referred to as a battlegroup.
However you can declare a charge against a model affected by Saeryn's feat. The only thing is that the attacking model would not be able to make the charge attack against the feat affected model. For a charge you do not actually target the model with an attack until your combat action, so you would get the extra 3 inches of movement but would not get to make the attack.

quindraco
01-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Thank you, TUM, for weighing in. You, RP, Valander, and I all agree now.

Rather than ask for an explanation in a vacuum, I will point my source to this thread, and have him ask for clarification. I trust you guys to explain better than I can.

vintersbastard
01-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Rather than ask for an explanation in a vacuum, I will point my source to this thread, and have him ask for clarification. I trust you guys to explain better than I can.

Do it the other way round: Ask him why he thinks that in order to declare a charge against a model, you have to be able to target it with one of your melee attacks.