PDA

View Full Version : Amphibious/submerged vs Ground Pounder

London Cyg-Blight
01-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Does Siege Brisbane's ground pounder special attack get around the
regular rules protecting submerged models?

It says to place a 4" aoe anywhere in his front arc and completely
in range (14"). He then makes attack rolls against everything
in the aoe ignoring elevation, concealment and stealth.

As far as I know a submerged model cannot be seen, and therefore
cannot be targeted; however, since you just put the template down
wherever you want, you don't need to be able to see....right?

rydiafan
01-24-2011, 12:26 PM
<---- See that guy? He's wrong this time.

Valander
01-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Amphibious reads "while completely in deep water, it cannot be targeted by ranged or magic attacks." It's not just that you don't have LOS, you can't target, which means you cannot make a ranged attack against it even with this AOE because you must still target a model in order to make a ranged attack. And, per p. 29 in Prime, special rules stating something cannot happen override rules stating something can or must occur.

Edit: Well, then, it appears that Ground Pounder doesn't make ranged attacks, but you make ranged attack rolls, which changes that answer above to "yes, you make the rolls."

Dude
01-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Ground pounder does not target at all, you just make ranged attack rolls. This was ruled on a while ago, and a similar thread came up recently about swamp pit.

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?48474-Swamp-Pit-Ground-Pounder-Spray&highlight=ground+pounder

Therefore, you can ground pounder submerged/amphibious models.

rydiafan
01-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Ground pounder does not target at all, you just make ranged attack rolls. This was ruled on a while ago, and a similar thread came up recently about swamp pit.

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?48474-Swamp-Pit-Ground-Pounder-Spray&highlight=ground+pounder

Therefore, you can ground pounder submerged/amphibious models.

Thank you for the correction.

CannonFodder
01-24-2011, 12:51 PM
ignore this previous post answered already

London Cyg-Blight
01-25-2011, 05:50 AM
Thank you sirs,
for once i get what i want :D