PDA

View Full Version : Charge attack from mount

Circle noob
01-26-2011, 05:13 AM
hi guys,

i have been wondering about the charge from tharn wolve riders.

my question basically sums up to, can the attack made by a mount profit from the extra die of a charge? str of mount plus 3 d6 plus attack of rider str. of rider plus 2 d6 ? or do i have to make my attacks in the order first the rider then the mount? and therefore the rider benefiting from the charge damage bonus die?

as i struggle with the rulebook, it s a german version and therefore might not contain every rule as the editors intended them.

òk, i hope i could bring my thoughts across
circle noob

btw: i hope i didnt offend anybody by misspelling. english is not my first language

Pickles
01-26-2011, 05:20 AM
You cannot benefit from the extra die of damage on a charge attack with a mount as it is a boost & mount attacks cannot be boosted.

You can make the attacks in either order - mount then rider or rider then mount, if you really want the +2 to hit from the cavalry charge on the mount attack, but you do lose the extra die.
(I suppose it might happen if you had a huge STR penalty which would not effect the mount)

NIK2286
01-26-2011, 05:53 AM
You cannot benefit from the extra die of damage on a charge attack with a mount as it is a boost & mount attacks cannot be boosted.

You can make the attacks in either order - mount then rider or rider then mount, if you really want the +2 to hit from the cavalry charge on the mount attack, but you do lose the extra die.
(I suppose it might happen if you had a huge STR penalty which would not effect the mount)

Where are you finding this in the rules that you can use your charge attack roll with your mount but have to lose the boosted damage??? As I've read/played it, the mount is only for impact attacks while charging, then if you have "Combat Rider" or something similar during activations you didn't/couldn't charge you could attack with it as well.

For the record I agree that you never get boosted damage on a mount, just very confused as to why you can/would wan't to use your MAT bonus from the charge on your mount

blue loki
01-26-2011, 05:59 AM
Light Cavalry can make initial attacks with their mount.

You can make the mount and rider attacks in any order, but your first attack must be your charge attack. If you charge with the mount attack, you do not get boosted damage.

Circle noob
01-26-2011, 03:45 PM
all right, as i thought, no boost for the mount. thank you guys