PDA

View Full Version : Mechanithralls UA?

LordMarr
01-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Hello, I am new to Warmachine and I have started to buy Cryx because of the look of the models. The first Unit I bought was a Mechanithralls Unit because I liked the grunt aspect of them. In the book I find they have a Specialized Weapon Attachment 'Brute Thrall' but no Unit Attachment. On the website under gallery however it lists the NecroSurgeon & Stitch Thralls are a Unit Attachment (which I bought believing it is a UA). The book states the NecroSurgeon is a Commander but does not list them as a Unit Attachment. I searched the Errata to see if something is just missing or updated somewhere but did not find any info on if this is a UA or not. I guess what I am hoping is that the NecroSurgeon & Stitch Thralls are a UA to the Mechanithralls and someone somewhere forgot to write it clearer for me. :)

Valander
01-28-2011, 03:59 PM
The Necrosurgeon used to be a UA in Mk 1, but they are a separate unit now.

rydiafan
01-28-2011, 04:04 PM
I guess what I am hoping is that the NecroSurgeon & Stitch Thralls are a UA to the Mechanithralls and someone somewhere forgot to write it clearer for me. :)

I know I'm slipping into tactics here, but you should be happy they aren't a UA. It means you can activate them and add mechanithralls to a unit before that unit activates and charges. In MkI you couldn't do that, as making thralls was an action, and thus couldn't be done in the same activation the unit charged.

Valander
01-28-2011, 04:07 PM
I know I'm slipping into tactics here, but you should be happy they aren't a UA. It means you can activate them and add mechanithralls to a unit before that unit activates and charges. In Mk! you couldn't do that, as making thralls was an action, and thus couldn't be done in the same activation the unit charged.
Heh, true. Just to be clear to LordMarr: the fact that the Necrosurgeon isn't a UA for Mechanithralls is absolutely no indication that you shouldn't have one if you have Mechanithralls. ;)

LordMarr
01-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the help! And actually that was a tactic that I hadn't thought of yet. I appreciate the quick responces. I am actually very happy with the unit and how it works now that I know about MKI and how it has changed.