PDA

View Full Version : Poltergeist + Trample

alexandyr
12-31-2009, 02:30 PM
I did a search and could not find whether this had been asked before (maybe it was answered in Mk1?)

I had a game yesterday where I had a MAT11 warp wolf trample a bunch of Venators under Mordikaar's feat. Against the odds, he actually missed a couple of them.

Where is he considered to have been when he did the missing for the purposes of being pushed by poltergeist? At the end of his trample? standing in melee range of the model missed (with base overlapping other models?) Do all of the trample attacks happen simultaneously?

Steamworks
12-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Answering in the order of your questions:
Trample attacks are resolved after the trample movement. So at the end of the trample movement.
Yes.
The active player chooses the order of attacks to resolve. These attacks are considered simultaneous.

edit: not sure how I missed that line out. Must be the lack of chocolate bourbons...

alexandyr
12-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the answers.

alexandyr
12-31-2009, 04:42 PM
Trample attacks are resolved after the trample movement. So at the end of the trample movement.

Would this mean that if I were using Amuck with Trample, and had no models in my melee range after trampling, that I'd get to move 1 inch for each model killed by the trample?

Kommissar Golovko
12-31-2009, 04:47 PM
Would this mean that if I were using Amuck with Trample, and had no models in my melee range after trampling, that I'd get to move 1 inch for each model killed by the trample?

Not each model. Only once.

Amuck
When target friendly Faction warbeast destroys one or more enemy models with a normal melee attack during its activation, after resolving the attack it can advance up to 1˝ if there are no enemy models within its melee range. Amuck lasts for one turn.

countbrass
12-31-2009, 05:06 PM
yeah, a trample is considered a single simultaneous attack. So only 1 amuck or overtake/ poltergeist etc.

vintersbastard
01-02-2010, 07:18 AM

Amuck triggers on normal attacks.
Trample is a power attack, therefore a special attack, which is not a normal attack.
So you don't get to move at all.

alexandyr
01-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Ahh, good point.