PDA

View Full Version : Knocked down beasts/infantry

Ranhothep
02-08-2011, 06:16 AM
My search did not yield any results unfortunately, so here goes:

can wild warbeasts stand up when knocked down? I guess they shouldn't be so severly limited as to not be able to do so, but I'd like a confirmation.

On a similar note, if some grunts from a unit are knocked down, while the unit receives a charge order, they can't do anything since they must either run or charge none of which can be forfeited in order to stand up, right?

thanx a lot in advance!

lobachevskii
02-08-2011, 06:21 AM
I don't have Hordes: Primal handy so I can't answer the beast/frenzy question, sorry.

Warmachine: Prime makes clear what happens in the infantry case you mention. Specifically the knocked down models may stand and then make a full advance, their activation then ends. (Effectively they stand up and do half a run.) Can't give you a page number since again I do not have the book to hand.

Mod_Redphantasm
02-08-2011, 06:29 AM
Nothing in the rules for wild warbeasts implies that they cannot stand up from a knocked down state. They may stand up as normal by sacrificing their movement or action.

Halfhoot
02-08-2011, 08:14 AM
To be more specific on the knock down charge unit question...

The specific models forfeit their action to stand. So since they have no action, they can't charge, so by the rules of the charge order they have to run. The rules in the book state that if you have to run and can't, you make a full advance instead. Thus the end result is they stand up and make a full advance and end their individual activation.

Ranhothep
02-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Thanx a lot everyone!